Sax on the Web Forum banner

221 - 240 of 272 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,135 Posts
"Piqued" actually has 2 meanings:
  1. stimulate (interest or curiosity). "you have piqued my curiosity about the man"
  2. feel irritated or resentful."she was piqued by his curtness"
If someone does something in a fit of pique, they do it suddenly because they are annoyed at being not treated properly.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,248 Posts
Im pretty safe from golf addiction. Its not nearly as big over here as some other countries and in my region access is extremely limited and distant.

Most my gear involves renovation of my house.

·
TOTM administrator
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #223 ·
After over 48 hours.... There has Been an UPDATE!

My Bari is in Colorado, and is out for delivery! Unboxing video coming soon!

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #224 ·
The Good: Bari Arrived! It does look gorgeous, well packed, and beautiful, plays great ;) - started a new thread here for the unboxing video and Bari: NOVA Bronze Low-A Baritone Saxophone First Impressions

The Bad: I only got to play it for 20 minutes today...

The Ugly: This is why -

What a fun bit of my day :p

·
Premium Member
1,013 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,135 Posts
oh gawd ... :cry:(n):mad::poop:😖😫

·
Registered
2,675 Posts

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #228 ·

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,998 Posts
Call a plumber!

Share some pictures of the rest of the interior of that tenon joint. It looks like the solder failed to completely wet the joint.

Reactions: sax1st

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I feel like you should contact Get A Sax and see if they'll fix it or send you a new neck. I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure that isn't supposed to happen...

Reactions: meven

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #231 ·

Ignore the surface marks. it's just there from my lame attempt to use glue to see if I could play it temporarily. and as usual, I got it everywhere. Lost my soldering kit a while ago... But I'll take it into a local repair shop soon.

I have informed Brian from Get-A-Sax - no worries guys :) I'll get it all buffed out and be well on my way to ruining more bari songs!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Did this happen with Mauriat Bari's?

I wish I knew where my sodder kit went....
No, but I had the octave bridge on the neck fall off in the middle of a gig and it was because it only 3 tiny solder spots that held it in place instead of a solid connection. I.e. 99% of the area was completely dry.

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #233 ·

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Well, I figure I should share my recent gear acquisitions!

Phil Tone Isotope 7 for my Alto
Phil Tone Mosaic LTD 7 for my Tenor
Jazz Lab Saxholder for a new Bari strap
BSS Reeds for my Bari, Soprano, and some more for tenor
Oooh, and most important of all - A new LCD Light Strip for my sax room, the other one busted on me!

Only had about 10 minutes with the saxholder, but it seems to do the job a bit better!

The Phil Tone pieces are amazing! The Isotope i've already pushed out a couple recordings, still working on dialing in the Mosaic, but I'm very impressed with both! BSS Reeds are holding up amazing for all instruments, and the light strip was hung this morning!

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #235 ·
Coming back around again! White roo Pads with maestro copper resonators have arrived for my alto! I'll be taking it in tomorrow hopefully!

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #236 ·
Well! Guess I ordered Silver resos!

Shes ready to head in to the shop!

·
Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
1,452 Posts
Well! Guess I ordered Silver resos!
Wow, I didn't realize how thick those maestro resos were. They look nice, but I'd be a little concerned about their effect on venting.

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
Wow, I didn't realize how thick those maestro resos were. They look nice, but I'd be a little concerned about their effect on venting.
I was surprised as well! I figured they were roughly flat like a normal domed reso. Looks cool though! I'll let everyone know how they perform post install (coming from some welllllll used pisoni with domed resos)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,215 Posts
Can't remember if I already posted this (don't think I have), but recently I jumped on the extremely good sale Black Rooster Audio is having... this is software, not hardware, but hey, still gear! This is a really good option for folks looking for excellent emulation of analog preamps, compressors, EQ, tape, etc. The developers behind this company really know what they're doing.

There are many MANY good options for plugins like this these days, and so many good alternatives to things like UA and Antelope. I've been enjoying all the offerings from Brainworx, NEOLD, and Fuse Audio Labs as well. This BR bundle covers all the bases really nicely, though, and I've really enjoyed playing with them lately.

·
TOTM administrator
5,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #240 ·
Can't remember if I already posted this (don't think I have), but recently I jumped on the extremely good sale Black Rooster Audio is having... this is software, not hardware, but hey, still gear! This is a really good option for folks looking for excellent emulation of analog preamps, compressors, EQ, tape, etc. The developers behind this company really know what they're doing.

There are many MANY good options for plugins like this these days, and so many good alternatives to things like UA and Antelope. I've been enjoying all the offerings from Brainworx, NEOLD, and Fuse Audio Labs as well. This BR bundle covers all the bases really nicely, though, and I've really enjoyed playing with them lately.
I often find myself looking through these plugins! However, i'm just now starting to get a hang on dialing in the stock Reverb plugin with reaper - have lots to work about compression and EQ, I feel like I'd be in over my head when starting to get these VSTs.

However, I'm constantly on the search for one specific type of plugin, one that can achieve the sort of grainy, old school audio style recordings of the 1920s/30s. I've always wanted to be able to recreate that sound :).

221 - 240 of 272 Posts