Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Make sure anyone who attends reports back to let us know how it goes. Oh yea and if you record any videos make sure you share. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was there!!

I was there and it was a wonderful concert! Reid AME was the perfect venue for GATJ3 recording. Since it was a live recording, DVD and CD, the setup time between songs seemed excessive, but necessary, for recording purposes. Also one selection was performed twice and there was one startover. That is the nature of live recordings. The concert began around 8pm ended just after midnight. The CD will include a combination of straight jazz, R&B, gospel, blues, and soft rock selections, something for all musical taste with a jazz/gospel/Kirk Whalum twist. Lalah Hatheway and Kirk performed a new song (God Has Been So Good) that will most likely be the hit single. Other selections include Thrill is Gone, Let it Be, You are Everything….to name a few. The CD will also feature several family members, Uncle on sax/piano/vocals, Son on Bass, Nephews on Sax/vocals, Brother on vocals. Of course George Duke was phenominal along with Doc Powell and Lalah Hatheway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finally GATJ3 was officially released on saturday night. Kirk returned to the venue where the recording took place. He released his CDs/DVDs and did a concert. The live recording is fantastic. You may be able to order a copy from his website. I understand the CD won't available in stores until early 2009.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts