Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started with the stock Yamaha 4C that came with my YTS-82Z and I thought it was the best mouthpiece ever!

Then I tried an Otto Link STM NY and I thought it was the best mouthpiece ever!

Then I tried a Theo Wanne Durga Vintified and I thought it was the best mouthpiece ever!

Then I tried a Claude Lakey Aluminum and now I think it's the best mouthpiece ever!

Who knows what's next, but for now I'm a Claude Lakey fan! Here's a clip comparing my three lastest gas purchases: http://www.soundclick.com/player/single_player.cfm?songid=10970795&q=hi&newref=1

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
GAS is an endless cycle of indecision and re-evaluation that just I had to get off!
As of Thursday I have cut up my wretched credit card, closed the doggone account permanently and nothing's ever felt so good! :)
I'm very happy with my set-up and won't change or add to it for as long as I possibly can - I'm actually gonna let stuff wear out before I replace it! :shock:

Now that's GAS relief!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
President Obama called....."Thanks for doing your part in stimulating the economy....please don't:tsk: stop now!"

·
Registered
768 Posts
GAS is an endless cycle of indecision and re-evaluation that just I had to get off!
As of Thursday I have cut up my wretched credit card, closed the doggone account permanently and nothing's ever felt so good! :)
I'm very happy with my set-up and won't change or add to it for as long as I possibly can - I'm actually gonna let stuff wear out before I replace it! :shock:

Now that's GAS relief!
And what has it become?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,107 Posts
Look out. GAS takes many and insidious forms. As soon as you have enough mouthpieces, you will want more horns. Then matched sets. Then matched sets of several horns. And finishes. And serial ranges. And. And. And...

For an idea of how you're doing, take my GAS Test. I scored 1,865...and that was 5 1/2 years ago! [rolleyes]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts