Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello friends!

I finished the bulk of this project I've been wanting to do for a while and I thought this would be the best place to share it. I'm happy with how most of it came out except for the planets I attempted to make. I was curious if anyone else here has done any sax painting. I had trouble finding examples online. I did this on a Conn Shooting Star alto I bought on ebay because I didn't want to ruin one of the ones I have. Let me know what you think!
20190901_181656.jpg

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,458 Posts
Well, a lot of work, and someone will certainly like it.

It looks like the saxophones which about a decade ago came out first from Taiwan (L.A. Sax was at the forefront of this) and then from China. Back then there were lots of them, the fashion has definitely changed. There was also a Taiwanese brand offering hand painted floral and other pattern ( can’t remember their name they quickly disappeared).

Famously also Bill Clinton Was given a rather similar one now at the Metropolitan Museum.

as far as examples on line there are now several but there used to be many more.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,458 Posts
museum condition :bluewink:

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,155 Posts
I kind of like that last one. It looks like a bunch of candy jars painted onto a sax.

candy jars.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts