Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,397 Posts
Great stuff! Good title and the answer is YES you are there. Tight, concise, with fine playing. Well engineered for the type of sound you want. If trying to find fault I'd say that the guitarist didn't quite keep up and flubbed a few bits in his solo just due to the speed. Sax sounds great and could even be a bit more harsh/raw. Good tone, edge, and excellent technical facility.

Yes, there are worthwhile genres beyond mainstream!

Thanks for the post, made my day.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
Yes, to find flaws, is being very nit-picky! Very well done! I would love to have your rhythm section!

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha ha, thanks NissanVintageSax. Yes they are great, I've only been playing with them for a few weeks and am really enjoying it.

·
2,831 Posts
im impressed!..there is a good deal of raw energy! about the band,it s tight and the hard driving, rhythm section are on the ball!, do you have a name?,are you from soth east london what area?,has the band been out gigging yet!,your playing is excellent keep up the good work!

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks jazzcat58. The band is called Unified Presence, the drummer and myself are from Blackheath SE London and the Guitarist and Bassist from Wembly. No gigs yet, we are just starting up, I only met them Two weeks ago, when I answered an add for a sax player.

·
6,831 Posts
Wow! Awesome dude! If you sound this good already, you'll have no problem booking gigs!

·
2,831 Posts
Thanks jazzcat58. The band is called Unified Presence, the drummer and myself are from Blackheath SE London and the Guitarist and Bassist from Wembly. No gigs yet, we are just starting up, I only met them Two weeks ago, when I answered an add for a sax player.
My son is studying at goldsmiths,uni,are you far from peckham?..blackheath when im up there next ile keep an eye out for you, thats once you have some gigs!..

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My son is studying at goldsmiths,uni,are you far from peckham?..blackheath when im up there next ile keep an eye out for you, thats once you have some gigs!..
Yeah, not far at all, I used to play at The Venue (a big night club opposite Goldsmiths) with a Blues Brothers Band. Is your son studying music at Goldsmiths? Does he do any playing around the area?

·
2,831 Posts
Yeah, not far at all, I used to play at The Venue (a big night club opposite Goldsmiths) with a Blues Brothers Band. Is your son studying music at Goldsmiths? Does he do any playing around the area?
hes studying english but plays in a four piece band hes on drums they have had a few gigs around the area,they are called beaty heart" i believe..thats four college/uni boys having a good time,one of the last gigs was up manchester!!..so they are getting about,not much money he tells me!..but its the buzz/vibe" that they are into!.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hes studying english but plays in a four piece band hes on drums they have had a few gigs around the area,they are called beaty heart" i believe..thats four college/uni boys having a good time,one of the last gigs was up manchester!!..so they are getting about,not much money he tells me!..but its the buzz/vibe" that they are into!.
That's what it's all about. I'll keep an eye out for them.

·
6,831 Posts
Odd isn't it. I think the UK and the rest of Europe has had a better Jazz following since the 60s (from what I've read :) ) than the birthplace of the music. There are small pockets here, but seems to be few and far between.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you vey much Tim. I've just listened to some of your music on your myspace. Great stuff, very inventive and unique sounding. You sound great on all your horns.

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
That does sound like a great band. Enjoyed it a lot. That is some excellent stuff by you as well.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts