Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Funny stuff on Amazon. (Not "funny" as in droll or diverting, but "funny" as in suspicious or criminal.)

Just spotted on Amazon -
https://www.amazon.com/YANAGISAWA-T...ophone+tenor&qid=1562473024&s=gateway&sr=8-31

Japan YANAGISAWA T-WO37 T-9937 model Tenor Saxophone Bb Silver plated gold button Tenor Sax Professional Woodwind instrumen With mouthpiece & bag

$440.00
+ $10.49 shipping + $0.00 estimated tax

Product description

We are engaged in the manufacture and sale of saxophones. We can provide customized trademarks and other services. We have a large quantity of discounts. Welcome to consult! Package List: 1 * Tenor Saxophone 1 * Saxophone Neck 1 * Mouthpiece 1 * Sax Strap 1 * Reeds 1* Cleaning Cloth 1 * Cleaning Rod 1 * Brush 1 * Pair of Gloves 1 * Grease 1* Case Belt

Funny stuff. In a grotesque sort of way. We can provide customized trademarks and other services. Uh-huh.

So what does the Voice of Experience say? Is there any point in alerting anyone at Amazon or Yanagisawa Wind Instruments about this obvious Chinese chicanery?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Re: Funny stuff on Amazon. (Not "funny" as in droll or diverting, but "funny" as in suspicious or criminal.)

I entered a product-review for the item. DAVE

·
3,925 Posts
Re: Funny stuff on Amazon. (Not "funny" as in droll or diverting, but "funny" as in suspicious or criminal.)

I entered a product-review for the item. DAVE
It’s already been removed.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,910 Posts

Wow, very cool - fast action people!!!
???

My gut feeling is that they will only take notice of the rights holder, ie Yanagisawa.

Soon there will be loads of these flooding the used market everywhere. Sad times :(

·
28,910 Posts

It's still there, just click on 'Available from These Sellers'.
The reviews are under the link Be the first to review this item and you will see the review has now gone.

·
Registered
114 Posts

Outrageous. What is slightly funny, and ought to slow down unwary amateur purchasers, is the 'product information'.
Apparently, this 'tenor' 'saxophone' has a fretboard! Made of brass...
And it is in the (very rare) key of... t flat.
Oh, and they recommend it for the musical style of jazz, so wannabe blues cats, get outta there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

The listing is still there. No reviews are showing, but it normally takes Amazon a day or two to put up a review, so I'm not surprised that none are showing yet.

I contacted Amazon via the on-site Chat, and pointed out that although the real manufacturer's name seems to be marked on the item, it is a $12k instrument and there is no conceivable way any vendor can be selling the genuine article for $400. I also mentioned that I had seen such apparent counterfeits on sites like DHgate for similar ridiculous prices, but this was the first time I'd noticed it on Amazon. The representative said she'd pass the matter along to some Amazon office for investigation. So, maybe something will happen, maybe not.

·
14,268 Posts

rantbot: Thanks for the effort. Recently I had a delivery issue with an Amazon order and I couldn't find any way to communicate with Amazon about their incorrect delivery. I searched and searched but did not see a CHAT process. DAVE

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,219 Posts
Click on the link to the product listing, top of this thread.

Click on the menu icon, three horizontal stripes upper left.

Select Customer Service.

...and the chat window appears...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Hmmm. Now that I look, I see more. A bigger issue than I'd realized; despite complaints, Amazon is not primarily a pirate haven, so this is an unexpected development.

Selmer R54 (the text says SELMA, and the photos have been blurred, but I'd say the instrument has full SELMER markings, including a prominent "MADE IN FRANCE", and the script "Reference 54").

"YAS Series 62" (no text mention of Yamaha, but the instrument and case both seem to say YAMAHA, complete with the "ESTABLISHED IN 1887" and what looks like the tuning-fork emblem).

And all of them $300 to $400.

·
14,268 Posts

I finally found the CHAT function on Amazon and tried to use it. I've posted the CHAT-employee's response below. I also identified myself by my experience in law enforcement, just to add some credibility to my allegations.

"Perfect!
I have escalated this issue to our investigation department and remove the item and will take a serious action against the seller, I am extremely sorry for the issue you have faced, please give us 2-3 days to resolve this issue.
M11:58 AM"

DAVE

·
14,268 Posts

Amazon allowed and posted my product-review of the bogus Yanagisawa. DAVE

·
28,910 Posts

Amazon allowed and posted my product-review of the bogus Yanagisawa. DAVE
And yet, PigSquealer said it was removed.

Maybe different geolocations see different things???

·
14,268 Posts

When I had a CHAT with an Amazon representative, he wrote that they would remove the item, forward my allegation to their Investigation Department (whatever THAT is), and be in touch with me by e-mail. None of that happened - yet.

But I also entered a product-review and when I re-opened the link in the first post just a few minutes ago, there it was - the for-sale add came up as well as my review. I haven't reviewed PigSquealer's post, but I recall that he said he was TOLD it would be removed. Whether or not it was, I don't know.

I'm waiting to see what happens next. DAVE

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

Interesting. As of right now, Amazon has the "DH Dolson" review/warning up, but also this message -

"Amazon has noticed unusual reviewing activity on this product. Due to this activity, we have limited this product to verified purchase reviews."

Obviously, that means additional reviews will be too late; only suckers who buy one and then notice they've been conned can post a warning. Not a promising development.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts