Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am new to soprano and this is my second time practice. I am using a Antigua 586LQ and original MP. I found that when I play "Do" in middle pitch (press all bottons and octave botton), some funny noise come out. It sounds like "Zzzz". I am not sure where is from but I personally feel that it comes from mouthpiece. It also soundx like air or water leaking somewhere around month. When it comes to "Re" and others, there is no noise. I also tried "do"in low pitch (do not press octave), no such noise. Do anyone know why? Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The note you're thinking of is a concert C, transposed D on a Bb soprano. Try sucking the spit out of your mouthpiece (just suck in with embouchure the same). Those full notes tend to be more "revealing" for me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
It could be the body octave key is not opening enough. When pressing the octave lever, D up to G# should open only the lower octave key and from A up, the top one.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It could be the body octave key is not opening enough. When pressing the octave lever, D up to G# should open only the lower octave key and from A up, the top one.
I checked octave key, it seems OK. If octave key is not opening enough, i should come across same problem for "Re" and "Me", and actually i do not.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved!

I am so stupid that I remembered the wrong finger chart for that note! Thanks to a sax teacher I met today who also tested my horn and pointed it out and charged nothing. I spent these days to struggle on my stupid "air flow" problem and finally it comes out as a joke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts