Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Im sorry to bring a sad topic, but since im a yamaha client (and potential buyer of a new sax made in Japan), i wonder how does the nuclear crisis affects this market.

If i go to a shop and ask for a 82z, how do i know it was not made after Fukushima disaster?

Any thoughts on this?

Thx in advance!

:(

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,888 Posts
And so what?..............Even if it was made after the Fukushima disaster? Yamaha , has production plats in other areas than Fukushima all nowhere near the disaster area. All japanese products are checked for nuclear contamination upon arrival in most countries in the world.

http://yamahawinds.wordpress.com/yamaha-production-locations/

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
As long as you take anti-rad or wear protective clothing whilst playing your new Japanese sax, all should be well.

Word of warning; if the sax begins to glow in the dark, either put on a pair of sunglasses or immerse the horn immediately in coolant.

·
38,888 Posts
sarcasm is indeed a great weapon against prejudice :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
sarcasm is indeed a great weapon against prejudice :)
Thanks, but I hope the OP realises how silly his concerns are
What do you expect? That it comes in a case made of lead?
The OP's concerns about purchasing products from this region have crossed the minds of many consumers. The OP did not request comments regarding the validity of his concerns. He wanted to know how to verify the manufacture date of a saxophone. I reject the culture of hyper political-correctness that labels such a question prejudiced. If indeed "All japanese products are checked for nuclear contamination upon arrival in most countries in the world," as milandro stated, the OP's concerns aren't as "silly" as marton claims, as countries have determined a need to perform the checking. Refuting the raised concerns does not inherently demand sarcasm and snide remarks.

·
38,888 Posts
This is a free forum and people are free to put questions to which they will receive free answers, the forum is administrated and disciplined by admin and mods and neither of this titles seem to appear in saxmusicguy description.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I would think that making a purchase after the disaster would do wonders for the japanese economy and the yamaha company. Whether or not you like yamahas, their existence has provided the impetus for innovation and market competition. Imagine the cost of a selmer if yamaha didn't exist and selmers were the only horn on the market.

I think the OPs concern is legitimate, after all, not all of us are nuclear physicists and understand the nuances of radiation. I would also think that customs enforcement and radiation testing that is currently taking place on all japanese products would aleviate any worries.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey no problem with the jokes... :bluewink:

Im just curious to know who is this "OP" you guys are talking about? :)

Ah, and BTW, would you consider buying a sax made in Chernobyl? :mrgreen:

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,951 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah, but a little radiation is not so bad. Must add some specific characteristics to the tone, like dizzy sound waves....

·
38,888 Posts
well, the sound could be projected and now also radiated

·
Registered
8,039 Posts
Hey no problem with the jokes... :bluewink:

Im just curious to know who is this "OP" you guys are talking about? :)

Ah, and BTW, would you consider buying a sax made in Chernobyl? :mrgreen:
Its probably hard to find any factory workers there.
The best excuse for not playing Yamaha is to try one.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts