Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Columnist and Saxophonistic Art
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some things that are fun
and provoke some fresh ideas on II-V.

II-V-I Patterns: Starting on the Tonic of the II Minor 7 Chord.
This lesson in seven parts: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4| 5 | 6 | 7 |, August 2002
This is a very clear and useful lesson using II-V. Lots to play/
study.
http://www.saxontheweb.net/Price/II-V-I-Patterns1.html
I've taken a basic study and then moved it through six steps. Then I
included one of my own based on a variation of some of the first six.

I think it's always good for all of us to go back to a basic pattern
study to clear our ears and refresh our chops. Look at all six
shapes.
As you start to hear the line, go back and write something of your
own based on mine.

Minor 7b5 to Dominant 7b9 August 2001
http://www.saxontheweb.net/Price/Aug01.html

2 Bar II-V Phrases - via Entire Range of the Sax September 2001
http://www.saxontheweb.net/Price/Sept01.html

This is designed to assist you in using your saxophone fully!
This might help add some new ideas to your playing and keep your
summer shed time fun. Enjoy~ Tim Price

Forum Contributor 2017
Tim thanks again for being a great teacher. I have started making a book of all the lessons you have shared here on sotw for my private shedding (i don't teach) and just wanted to validate what you do here. Brian

Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tim thanks again for being a great teacher. I have started making a book of all the lessons you have shared here on sotw for my private shedding (i don't teach) and just wanted to validate what you do here. Brian
Brian- I really love to teach and play. I am glad this has helped you- and so many others through the years that it's been here. There's a point in all musics were being direct harmonically is the most important in communication. Ya know what I mean? In short....sometimes a F 7th chord is just an F7th chord. :)

I have found study, practice and hard work gives birth to inspiration, vision, motivation and aspiration.
To me that is a harbinger of musical essence through excellence, harmony and solid oneness channeling it to ALL that exists.

Thanks again Brian-Thank you- Gracias gracias.

Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
If you like his stuff, consider some private lessons with Tim. When I weigh what I spent on equipment that for the most part I turned around and sold vrs what the same money might have bought me in lessons its a clear winner. I would have been much farther along and a better player if I took the money for the "magic mouthpiece" and got some lessons. Just my experience. K

Forum Contributor 2017
Keith and Tim I do need to take some Tim Price lessons if I would just get off my lazy butt and figure out how to work with Skype. I am gigging 2-4 times a week, getting ready for a new baby and shedding the rest of the time so it has been difficult to find the time.

B

Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you like his stuff, consider some private lessons with Tim. When I weigh what I spent on equipment that for the most part I turned around and sold vrs what the same money might have bought me in lessons its a clear winner. I would have been much farther along and a better player if I took the money for the "magic mouthpiece" and got some lessons. Just my experience. K
THANK YOU....You are very kind....and a great student. Keep on!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.