Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had an amazing thing happen. I bought a cheap Chinese plastic alto mouthpiece about a year ago, and then never did anything with it.

Until today, that is. The results blew me away, actually.

So, to find out if there is really some "meat on this bone", here's what I am offering:

Here's a link to the same mouthpiece on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eb-Alto-Sax...434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a461c68fa

The first five (5) people that tell me they 've ordered one of these can send it to me for a FREE and complete rebalancing, to a tip of about .070.

All I'd like in return is that each post something here about the piece when they get it back.

I will PAY THE POSTAGE to return the piece to you, too.

AND>... if you don't want to keep the piece, I'll buy it from you for the price listed on Ebay.

Why? because for what amounts to about $75 of time, this is a player, pure and simple. As always, not for everyone, but...... this is for real.

Post HERE if your in.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,172 Posts
I am in. Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,558 Posts
If not too late I'm in

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
I'M IN!!!!
Of course these are coming from China and so.......
Estimated delivery between Tuesday, Feb. 3 and Tuesday, Feb. 17
Hey ONLY a 2 week window for delivery to me!!

Joe, you probably should have made the offer to the first 5 to pay you the price of these mpc's, then they could have been shipped directly to you saving some time and shipping charges to you.
Oh well, still a GREAT DEAL.

Thanks.

·
SOTW Moderator/Administrator
1,297 Posts
AND, you must post a video of you playing "Careless Whisper" with it in some unusual place. Most creative place wins something or other, I guess.

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am looking forward to this, folks.

What really impressed me about this piece after I dealt with it, is that it has punch, presence and warmth, whenever I asked for it, on my SDA.

All for about $100, cash and labor, when all was said and done.

Maybe I'm hallucinating.... but I don't think so. Played it again today- same thing!

And... I had 2 friends play it and they want one !

As they said in The Graduate: plastic!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
I was too late to be among the chosen five, alas, but I ordered three anyhow, and will see what my refacing Hungarian friend in Sweden, Istvan Gabor, can do with them.

·
Registered
3,488 Posts
What's the chamber/throat shape on these Joe? A shaped or circular? Small, medium or large? I'm interested in picking a couple up depending on the config. Thanks in advance!

·
Banned
3,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What's the chamber/throat shape on these Joe? A shaped or circular? Small, medium or large? I'm interested in picking a couple up depending on the config. Thanks in advance!
It is a bit odd to me, but I don't look at a ton of new alto pieces, so.....

straight side walls, NO baffle, dead flat roof and a "drop down" quite deep into the back area. The throat is kind of trapazoidal, semi cathedral, but barely. I'd say.

I'd say overall- medium chamber when all is said and done. Maybe there are other pieces out there but I've never seen one that is proportioned like this chamber. Pretty simple and clean. There's a few quirks in it but I can't tell if they are design elements or just the by-product of machining.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Joe, I am definitely IN

I've had an amazing thing happen. I bought a cheap Chinese plastic alto mouthpiece about a year ago, and then never did anything with it.

Until today, that is. The results blew me away, actually.

So, to find out if there is really some "meat on this bone", here's what I am offering:

Here's a link to the same mouthpiece on Ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Eb-Alto-Sax...434?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a461c68fa

The first five (5) people that tell me they 've ordered one of these can send it to me for a FREE and complete rebalancing, to a tip of about .070.

All I'd like in return is that each post something here about the piece when they get it back.

I will PAY THE POSTAGE to return the piece to you, too.

AND>... if you don't want to keep the piece, I'll buy it from you for the price listed on Ebay.

Why? because for what amounts to about $75 of time, this is a player, pure and simple. As always, not for everyone, but...... this is for real.

Post HERE if your in.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts