Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi SOTWF friends- if you'd like to try the following, they're yours for the asking. I'll even pay shipping in the US/Canada- I just don't like to see anything wasted. Signature 2, and two Studio 1 3/4 Tenor reeds. Brand new and sterilized in protective plastic (Fibracell) cases. I like Légère but these are a bit soft with my new setup. Thanks!

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
131 Posts
Hi SOTWF friends- if you'd like to try the following, they're yours for the asking. I'll even pay shipping in the US/Canada- I just don't like to see anything wasted. Signature 2, and two Studio 1 3/4 Tenor reeds. Brand new and sterilized in protective plastic (Fibracell) cases. I like Légère but these are a bit soft with my new setup. Thanks!
I'd love to try the studio 1.75 or the signature 2 tenor (or both).

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, Well, it's happened again- I have a Légère Studio tenor sized 2 3/4 that's a bit stiff for me, brand new/exchanged for a 2 1/2 which was a bit soft- soo frustrating! Anyway, it's yours for the asking. I'd prefer to keep this within the US and I'll pay shipping. Also prefer to give someone new a crack at it. I'd like to try a Fibracell Premium 2.5 if you'd like to trade! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Hey guys, Well, it's happened again- I have a Légère Studio tenor sized 2 3/4 that's a bit stiff for me, brand new/exchanged for a 2 1/2 which was a bit soft- soo frustrating! Anyway, it's yours for the asking. I'd prefer to keep this within the US and I'll pay shipping. Also prefer to give someone new a crack at it. I'd like to try a Fibracell Premium 2.5 if you'd like to trade! Thanks!
Sorry, not sure if you are holding on to the 2 1/2. If not, I'd love to take it off your hands and would be happy to pay shipping. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
War.,

Just arrived, and just played....my first synth in about 20 yrs! I really like it! Thank you....yep its stiff for sure. Feel more like 3.5?
Im not sure what to do about it. I may get brave with some ultra fine sandpaper and a lot of finesse' But will see if I can tough it out.

But, Im here to say like several others here have said, it sounds pretty dam good in a short play test; played on a Matt Marantz Legacy (link style HR). Nice. I think I'm a convert. I'd love a consistent reed throughout a gig.

BTW, its the Signature not the Studio; and that is the one that has been generally more seen as the best of the three Legeres from what I can tell here....so that's really great. Studios are too bright/Classicals too dark, from what I've read. Signature=Goldilocks

(Not so good on an Mpc Cafe House Blend II (different facing lengths?))

Nice.

THANK YOU!

So nice of you. More Generosity from SOTW members...

HF

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
1,612 Posts
Don't mess with the reed! Contact them and take advantage of their free strength replacement option.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Wish I had seen this thread sooner. :)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's great Bill, glad I could help. Little Sax, this already was exchanged (by me)- those come in spcl identifiable packaging plus you have to show Legere proof of purchase so it would not be exchangeable again for High Fly.

·
1,612 Posts
That's great Bill, glad I could help. Little Sax, this already was exchanged (by me)- those come in spcl identifiable packaging plus you have to show Legere proof of purchase so it would not be exchangeable again for High Fly.
I missed that part. I play Legere exclusively (other than for 'Nino as they don't make one of those) and only exchanged one reed (due to either a mislabeling or defect).

·
1,612 Posts
Little,
Which Legere do you play ?
Have you tried Hinoki/Forestone? (the other 'best' lately)?
I used to play (primarily) Vandoreen blue box and found transitioning to Legere classics very easy. The biggest problem I had was tactile; the reeds were so smooth that I found myself playing nearer the tip of the mpc when I wasn't being vigilant. Shortly after I got used to the sensation, the signatures were released. I prefer these (the signatures) both because they seem to play better for longer periods of the time, and because they are less smooth thus providing a better (more familiar) feel on my lip.

I haven't experimented with any other reeds since the signatures were released; I really haven't felt the need or desire as I've been quite happy with my setups.

...I do have a new mpc coming for my bari. I may be interested in playing around with it once it comes.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.