Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2010-2017
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking to start transcribing to improve my playing and Jazz language etc. on jazzadvice.com they always talk about Transcribe!

I was wondering if there is any kind of free alternative (I'm sure it wont be as good) as I can't really afford to fork out for any software at the moment.

I do already own Logic Pro and I am sure I could do what I need with that but im looking for something quick and simple to use.

Thanks
James

p.s. I use a mac so mac compatible would be useful. Running via a virtual machine would be an unbelievable faff!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
use google to search for audacity. I use it, it's great and it'sfree

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I bought it a couple of years ago when I was a student (it is much cheaper as a student). I was doing quite a bit of recording and sequencing, mainly guitar at that time. I also had less commitments and so more money.

I am getting married in 4 months and that is expensive! So yes I could afford to shell out for Logic at the time and have made good use of it.
Currently I am more strapped for cash and don't want to spend where I don't need to.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,870 Posts
I bought it a couple of years ago when I was a student (it is much cheaper as a student). I was doing quite a bit of recording and sequencing, mainly guitar at that time. I also had less commitments and so more money.

I am getting married in 4 months and that is expensive! So yes I could afford to shell out for Logic at the time and have made good use of it.
Currently I am more strapped for cash and don't want to spend where I don't need to.
Audacity!
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll prob download something for quickly slowing solos down, but for more difficult stuff I'll do what Pete suggested.

·
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, I'll give it a go using just logic then.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts