Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to let everyone know that I recently bought a Beechler Custom alto mouthpiece from Fred Weiner's online store, and I couldn't be happier with the service they provided.

I ordered the piece, it took a couple of days to process the shipping cost etc (I'm in Melbourne, Australia btw) the piece shipped on the Friday and it arrived on the Wednesday. That's four (4) working days from the US to Oz. Including the Easter holiday period.

And as it turns out the mouthpiece has abated my GAS (for alto at least). It's an awesome mouthpiece.

I'll be recommending Weiner's site to all my local mates who struggle to get the gear they are after locally.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Registered
381 Posts
On the same continent as Weiner's, I am also very pleased with my shopping experience with the company. The package arrived before I even began to expect it.

Sharon sent me an email this morning that my order has been shipped. This afternoon, the package was at my door. That's pretty darn quick!

Kudos to Weiner's!

Mary Jo

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
1,001 Posts
I have also had many satisfactory dealings with Fred Weiner Music. The situation yesterday was exceptionally good and has taught me a few things about dealing with on-line sources in general. I had twice been told that the mouthpiece I wanted was not in stock. No one else had it either although the manufacturer had some in stock. What I did not know was that by giving the code for the mouthpiece without a common accessory, I was limiting the response by the people I was calling. The web site did not show all variations of the mouthpieces. Only when I asked them to check on ordering the mouthpiece and emailing me the new price did their buyer, Arlette, catch the fact that they had the same mouthpiece in stock with the accessory.

A funny development is that, while the web site did not show the catalog number of the mouthpiece with the accessory, an old catalog I had did show it. I should have looked in the catalog first where I would have realised there were two different catalog numbers. I could have checked to see if either was in stock. I even ended up paying the same price as shown in the 2005 catalog!

Each time you order from Weiner, you get a paper catalog packed with the order. Save them. You are also given a customer number. It may be helpful to mention that number when you call them to make an order.

Be aware that the web site may not be showing all items they have in stock.

I always call anyway to make an actual order. Unfortunately this means I pay an $8 penalty for shipping which would otherwise be free on orders over $60. But by calling, I have confidence that all loose ends will be wrapped up. In this case they even called me back to ask if I wanted the accessory. That proved to be the key to making everything work smoothly. They get a good sale and I get a good mouthpiece.

·
5,443 Posts
Another tip to try with the "old" hard copy catalogs; find the item in the catalog. Go to the web site and do a "search" on the item number (or sku). Voi·là!!

Several times I've not been able to find the item in the online "listings". However, by searching on the item sku, from the catalog, the item mysteriously appears online. Course, it still may or may not be available. YMMV.

Btw, Weiner's does have a pretty nice catalog.

·
1,001 Posts
I should add that the fact the price had not changed in three years is not generally true. The mouthpiece I was shopping for is not extremely popular. The reeds I bought were considerably more expensive, percentagewise, compared to 2005.

·
1,001 Posts
That mouthpiece is a Runyon Smotth Bore for soprano.

I have also been searching on cat numbers from this old catalog. I found they have the Rovner Eagle for sop in two sizes. There is no mention of the Eagle on their web site (using the browse for type or brand).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts