Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allo guys
Which FL ligature would fit best the sop Son Of Slant?
Someone suggested the same of metal tenor mpcs,but wich one,I think they have two models,or?
Thanks
Regards
Saxobari

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
1,213 Posts
Sorry for that one, the FL lig for metal tenor dont fit perfectly with theSoS, You have to tweek the screw that old the plate, that is too long to fit perfectly. I think you have no choice to go with the HR soprano model. This afternoon I try one smaller that was too tight for a HR Link, so I guess XL will fit, this is the size they suggest on FL site for the Link.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Allo Avan
Thanks again.
So this has to be a XL HR FL to fit the best?
I would agree,the SOS is quiet large!
Best regards
Saxobari

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That could be a great idea.
Marc Jean has been my only saxe technicien for years!
Well,.got go see him soon anyways.
Thanks
Saxobari

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Allo Avan,since you do live closer then me,If you try and get one,can you let me know and Ill need the exact size,or tell Marc to take notes of that model we have please,and particular size!
Thanks
Saxobari

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
1,213 Posts
We meet together next week for a coffee and he's going to take the mesurement of the Son of slant, and also bring me some sopranoplanet piece to try. In not long time there is a chance he can produce the lig for the SOS. Twigg doesn't have anymore the FL lig, they just sell what they have in back store and that's it, they dont order anymore or in very very small quantity. If your out of lig you can use the Drake, it's not perfect but it work.

·
3,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK then,sounds good.
I have also a Mising Link from Joe,good mpc,very different from SOS.Very differnt sound then the DSrake one's.
I sented it back to Joe for some adjustments to be done.As for Twiggs,that is strange for one of the only store in Montreal not holding more stock then this.Anyways,I rather buy here,then anywhere else for mpcs,and gear.(hum besides Marc s shop,which is a different thing now!
As for ligs,now I did put the Optinum which fits OK,but a bit large for it,so I need to put it farther then where it is suppose to be ,works but not a great fit.Say allo to Marc for me,tell him it s Malette from Ontario,he ll knows.:)
I ll have to go and have my horns worked on soon in the comin weeks.
Thanks
Saxobari

·
Registered
721 Posts
I've ordered a SoS lig from Marc, and if it arrives soon, I'll give you a report. On the evidence of the one he made for my Warburton, the report will be glowing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts