Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe you've heard of this kid but if not.. geez..

http://translate.google.com/transla...earch?q=Francesco+Cafiso+&hl=en&safe=off&sa=G

You thought Chris Potter was scary at 20.. this guy is 16.
"Holy crap" as was pointed put on another thread where he showed up peripherally.

Don't worry if you miss checking him out now, you're going to see him eventually.

" Phil Woods, who obviously knows the difference between musicianship and press hype, commented to one writer in jest, “I'd like to break his arm!”"

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,247 Posts
"Happy time" is available on www.emusic.com. For those who do not know this site, it is legal, fair prices and #2 internet download site after iTunes. MP3files without DRM. Only indies labels but the amount of tunes is overwhelming.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Pgraves said:
Maybe you've heard of this kid but if not.. geez..
There's a terrific album of him in a quartet, "New York Lullaby".

Yeah, he's really good. I'm looking forward to hearing more of him. It's
really something that he can play ballads beautifully at his age, and not just dazzle with pyrotechnics.

·
Registered
107 Posts
He has amazing technical skill, but all of his ideas have been taken straight from the masters. I heard his album and recognized tons of licks from charlie parker, sonny rollins, miles davis, etc. I know of course that everyone does this, but not usually to the extent of Francesco. Sounds good though.

·
Banned
1,921 Posts
JackThe7th said:
He has amazing technical skill, but all of his ideas have been taken straight from the masters. I heard his album and recognized tons of licks from charlie parker, sonny rollins, miles davis, etc. I know of course that everyone does this, but not usually to the extent of Francesco. Sounds good though.
Well, he's only 16, what are you expecting? I mean, I you have to immitate before you can innovate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts