Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi !

I'm sorry for doing this, it is not perfect but I enjoyed it and still enjoy it, great tune.
First time I play it, I took the New Book and said : "Come on you've never tried to play it because the phrases were too long, let's try it !"

I'm sorry for Jimmy Giuffre, I hope wherever you are, you forgive me.

https://app.box.com/s/69seiu7wcjx0am4av3q0574zwrxfy269

·
Administrator Emeritus
17,810 Posts
I like the feel and drive of your improvisation and really like your alto tone. It has texture and depth and is not overly bright, beautiful! The theme needs some work at places, but it's not an easy one to capture. Well done Lionel. :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the feel and drive of your improvisation and really like your alto tone. It has texture and depth and is not overly bright, beautiful! The theme needs some work at places, but it's not an easy one to capture. Well done Lionel. :)
I really thank you, nice comment, you gave a bit of your time for me and I actually appreciate.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hi !

I'm sorry for doing this, it is not perfect but I enjoyed it and still enjoy it, great tune.
First time I play it, I took the New Book and said : "Come on you've never tried to play it because the phrases were too long, let's try it !"

I'm sorry for Jimmy Giuffre, I hope wherever you are, you forgive me.

https://app.box.com/s/69seiu7wcjx0am4av3q0574zwrxfy269
Lionel,
Good job man, that's not an easy tune at any tempo. And as for Jimmy Giuffre, I'd think he'd be happy that someone was still enjoying and playing his tunes.

·
Vendor
15,590 Posts
Jimmy would be very proud that his music is living on. He would be very happy to hear you.

Jimmy was my teacher for two years.
Such an amazing musician and I am very honored to have had the opportunity to study with him.
His playing, his writing, his arranging, everything ——-just outstanding!
His tone in person, was so voice-like. Airy with so much character.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I'm not sorry - that was great ! Thanks for posting. :)

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks very much for your very nice comments. There is no word to explain what I am feeling when I read them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts