Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So about a year and a half ago I got married to the love of my life! She was the widow of a good friend of mine, who was a sax player. We had played a bunch of gigs together, great guy and a REALLY good player/entertainer. When my wife and I got together I inherited his Mark VI, so there's that but.....
One day she mentions that there's a box of his old mouthpieces in a drawer somewhere that I should check out. Took me all this time, but when I did I found a couple of non descript pieces that didn't do much for me, a Berg Larsen, a Dukoff Silverite thingy maybe from the 70's, a couple of metal Links....and a Dukoff "Stubby" 7. When I first saw it I thought it might be an alto piece because of its size, but then I noticed it was actually a tenor piece. I slapped that thing on the horn and O...M...G! Love at first play. It blows warm and fat, not as loud as my Morgan Jazz 7L (which I love as well) but with a nice core to the sound, really "meaty"....let's just say it doesn't suck to be me these days:mrgreen:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts