Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone out there has an extra Forza thumb rest they want to get rid of? I heard great things about them and I am curious. I know they are not cheap but if anybody is willing to trade a Forza (GP or silver) for a Selmer Soloist C* in great condition let me know. If not, let me know how much you will let it go for. Thanks!

·
Forum Contributor 2015, seeker of the knowing of t
4,344 Posts
$10 worth of Sugru will make you one of these

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
the forza actually possesses vibrational frequencies originally developed by Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1940s

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is nothing that comes close to the Forza thumbrest...
I really hope you manage to find one that you can afford, because it is REALLY worth it!

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
...i really do think its great! Its really amazing how something so geometrically simple can be so effective.... one day I'll probably buy a horn on ebay just to get the forza...and then resell the horn!!!(thumb rest replaced replaced by Sugru....of course!!!!)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
the forza actually possesses vibrational frequencies originally developed by Frank Lloyd Wright in the 1940s
I have used the Forza TR's on 4 of my horns for several years. They are a good piece of gear and do their job as a thumbrest very well but the do not possess the vibrational frequencies of anyone or anything. It's simply a better thumbrest. I do hope you're kidding....silliest thing I've heard all day.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am still searching for a forza thumbrest and I am sure they are worth the money, but it is hard to justify buying one right now.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
wow Thomas you have 800 bucks in Forzas!!!! my horn now has a fixed thumrest so I guess I wont be any competition for you boots.... I actually put the least amount of sugru possible on the rest to cushion ,but not change the appearance of my horn.... but YES you could make the fora shape easily with $3 worth of Sugru...it just wont be metal.....you can do it in white,black or grey...if you want to get funky you can do just about any color you want!!!

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,019 Posts
wow Thomas you have 800 bucks in Forzas!!!! !!
He's got them on 4 horns. So you're saying these things go for $200 each?! I bought one a couple of years ago and I'm sure I didn't spend near that. I don't really remember but I'm pretty sure it was less than $100. I can't imagine I would have spent more than that. But I really like it. i'd been having some tendonitis in my thumb. Maybe nothing to do with the sax, but the Forza is very comfortable on my VI and the tendonitis is gone now.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
for less than 100 bucks those of us on the fence would buy one...there is no price for comfort....but i know guys who dont buy horns for the price of a Forza now!!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
two were less than $150.00 brand new and I picked up 2 for around $65-$70.00 used. I AM the fool who is easily separated from his money. They are great TR's though but add nothing to a horn but comfort.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
id definately pay 65 bucks for one....even though it wont fit my horn!!!! whos the fool... I would pass it off as well crafted industrial design art(which it really is!!!)

·
SOTW Columnist, Distinguished SOTW Member
23,019 Posts
for less than 100 bucks those of us on the fence would buy one...there is no price for comfort....but i know guys who dont buy horns for the price of a Forza now!!!!
So what do they cost now? I bought one about a year ago and I know for sure it was less than $100 (I think I spent about $65).

·
4,344 Posts
300 clams out here

·
4,344 Posts
WOW! Anyone want to buy mine.....special sale price for only $299! :)

They are nice, but at that price, I'd stick with the original TR or try something else.
Generally, anyone that imports items that dont sell large numbers mark them up around 500%. It's a business model that is disappearing thanks to the Internet. When I was looking I couldnt find anyone willing to ship out here, so the bloke in Sydney bringing them in has the market cornered. I wasnt willing to help him fund his Bondi apartment so the Sugru people got my $10 instead!

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
I just got another musicmedic saxgourment thumb rest.There very good indeed and a great price.I was looking for a silver plated Ishimori thumb rest but there very expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts