Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that many posters have info at the bottom of their post about the horns that they own and use, as well as sometimes mouthpieces. How do I add that to my profile so that it shows up when I make a post.
Thank you
Chuck
Durango, CO

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
So I've tried to list my horns in my signature field in the past, but it only allows me 3 lines of text. Other members have multiple lines. What gives, Admin?

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,203 Posts
I think a few years back they limited the amount of space members could use for their signatures. The ones who used a lot of space were left as is, new members are/were limited.
One of the mods/admins can correct me if this is wrong.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks ATS!

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
Can confirm that the limit is 3 now
Ok thanks. Curious, though, why did the limit change? Presumably these signatures can be procedurally generated, and so won't take up extra storage space in the archived files. Does it have to do with usability, so that users don't have to scroll so much when reading threads?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
So I've tried to list my horns in my signature field in the past, but it only allows me 3 lines of text. Other members have multiple lines. What gives, Admin?
You can list all the stuff you want on your profile page in My Instruments in the About Me section.

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
You can list all the stuff you want on your profile page in My Instruments in the About Me section.
Thanks, I do list all my horns there, saxphil, though suspect that few click through to my profile, since I don't do so for others very often. (Though your own is hella-impressive--so many Zephyrs! I want to visit your stable sometime. My gf has just forbidden me from emulating your collection "in the strongest terms possible".)

Just wondering why the line limit on the signature was changed. I can't imagine it has any real effect on content delivery.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
7,212 Posts
Just wondering why the line limit on the signature was changed. I can't imagine it has any real effect on content delivery.
No clue really.
Although I did think it was to force us to choose our favorite setups to list,lol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts