Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be flying from New Brunswick, Canada, to Fort Lauderdale. It's a rental bari, and I'll be down there for 4 months on a cruise ship. I know I can't take it as carry on, but what's the best way to protect it for the flight? I don't want a horror story here, so any recommendations would be great. And I can't ship it down earlier, the only option is to take it with me when I fly.

Martin

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem is I'm only playing this bari for the 4 months. The school I have owns a Mk VII Bari, but I can't take that so I need to rent one. I don't want to put out 500 bucks on a case I'll use twice. I'll call the airport and see what they say.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I know what you're saying. I've already signed the contract and everything, and I'm a university student and this is the best paying summer job I can get playing music.

I'll definitely check into the shipping option. How's it work? If it's not on the same flight as mine do they store it somewhere till I get there or what?

Edit: Anyone know a Music Store in Fort Lauderdale near the port that rents bari's :p

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I just realized it doesn't matter if it comes back in perfect condition, just that it gets there in perfect condition. I'll have it insured, so if on the return trip it gets damaged, no big deal. Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone, it's been a huge help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts