Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,162 Posts
ok, report the post and consolidate, this forum is huge enough as it is, and multi posts will get answered by the same people with the same answers

BAM cases have been rumoured to be fine in checking. I've always been able to take the instrument on the plane. I try to fly obscure times just to help, but almost all airlines have a policy for guitars, and since a bari case isn't all that much bigger than a bass guitar case most of them will allow you to put it in the closet up front. If worse comes to worse you can gate check it, but I'd only do that in the BAM or maybe the SKb *haven't seen one in person, so can't directly comment*

hope that helps

Oh, and the last time I flew, it was with my Yami 62 bari in the mondo stock case and they let me take it on the plane from LAX to North Carolina

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,162 Posts
Thta's cuz you took it in a golf case. They're fine if you get a small case and a big golf case, they aren't going anywhere in there. If you bring it in the normal case for it, they'll check em. If not just throw a big enough bitch fit. I bring it in the stock Yamaha case, which is amazing btw. I won't bring my WJ just because it won't stand up in the closet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts