Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Tenor: Eastman 52nd St, Alto: P. Mauriat 67RDK, Soprano: Eastern Music Curvy
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A long overdue video for my wonderful wife and newfound mother!

I gave it a good shot at Mirroring the stylings of Frank Sinatra with Count Basie and his Orchestra, but spent a lot of time making this one for just Vocals and all saxes! I spent a lot of time working this one together, let me know if you all enjoy!

I love this song, and I hope it shows in a long overdue tribute for my amazing wife and now a proud mother!

Side note - all saxes feature 10mfan mouthpieces - My hands down favorite!
Soprano: Eastern Music German Copper Curvy w/ 10mfan Virtuoso 5*
Alto 1/2+Pitch Lowered Bari: P. Mauriat 67R DK w/ 10mfan Daddy-O 6
Tenor 1/2: Andreas Eastman 52nd St w/ 10mfan Chameleon 7**

Let me know what you all think!

·
Registered
638 Posts
Grande ! I like it (y)

Reactions: jmoen3

·
Administrator
17,262 Posts
Very nice Jared, buonissimo! :)

But take care to not neglect your wife too much by spending too much time in your music-man-cave! ;)

·
Premium Member
15,478 Posts
Bro, very well done! It’s really great that you did this nice tribute for your wife. I hope you are loving fatherhood. It just gets better and better and better as the years go on. It’s the most rewarding journey you can take.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you everyone, my wife loves it!

Very nice Jared, buonissimo! :)

But take care to not neglect your wife too much by spending too much time in your music-man-cave! ;)
Oh she's let me know a couple times I played too long :) but we have been pretty good so far!

I probably spent 6 hours working on this video (over a few days)

Bro, very well done! It’s really great that you did this nice tribute for your wife. I hope you are loving fatherhood. It just gets better and better and better as the years go on. It’s the most rewarding journey you can take.
Thanks Mark! We are both loving being parents. Super rewarding. I'm holding her as I write this :).

Gotta say, I've had this project for months - your Soprano mouthpiece is the only one I was capable of playing that flute part with! Thanks for giving me the ability to out this together!

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
very nice, and sorry to be a pain, but the actual title is In Other Words.
Thanks, I love this tune and am glad it turned out well! I read it was originally titled 'In Other Words' but was retitled - and is in the Songwriters hall of fame - as 'Fly Me To The Moon'

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks, I didn't know that they had re-titled.
Makes sense! I learned that original title you shared just the day before, as I like to look up information on songs before I post them. I had a typo in the title originally, accidentally posted 'Fly Me Too The Moon' lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
A long overdue video for my wonderful wife and newfound mother!

I gave it a good shot at Mirroring the stylings of Frank Sinatra with Count Basie and his Orchestra, but spent a lot of time making this one for just Vocals and all saxes! I spent a lot of time working this one together, let me know if you all enjoy!

I love this song, and I hope it shows in a long overdue tribute for my amazing wife and now a proud mother!

Side note - all saxes feature 10mfan mouthpieces - My hands down favorite!
Soprano: Eastern Music German Copper Curvy w/ 10mfan Virtuoso 5*
Alto 1/2+Pitch Lowered Bari: P. Mauriat 67R DK w/ 10mfan Daddy-O 6
Tenor 1/2: Andreas Eastman 52nd St w/ 10mfan Chameleon 7**

Let me know what you all think!
Fantastic version Jared!

Having never been blessed by the gift of fatherhood I can only imagine your present state of mind. I hope this performance says it all - it sounds to me like you are in a pretty good space!

Bill

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fantastic version Jared!

Having never been blessed by the gift of fatherhood I can only imagine your present state of mind. I hope this performance says it all - it sounds to me like you are in a pretty good space!

Bill
Thanks Bill! It is definitely a good place to be, loving it so far! I'm just happy to be able to bring my energy and happiness to my sax playing!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
One can hear your love of the song and your wife coming through. Nice tribute.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,886 Posts
It's great re singing and saxophone but something odd going on in the bass, I'd put a low cut filter on as there is some boomy issues every now and again. It can sound fine on some speakers but not others.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It's great re singing and saxophone but something odd going on in the bass, I'd put a low cut filter on as there is some boomy issues every now and again. It can sound fine on some speakers but not others.
Thanks Pete! Think that's from the backing? It was just a midi file with piano, drums, bass and guitar.

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,886 Posts
Thanks Pete! Think that's from the backing? It was just a midi file with piano, drums, bass and guitar.
Sounds to me like the vocal microphone - proximity combined with room issues.

·
Registered
4,776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Pete! I'll mess around with it a bit!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts