Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How would a YFL 371 compare to a Pearl 665RBE and does Geimhardt make on e with these features .Iv'e decided on a budget of $700.00 thru e-bay.Whic off these three would you pick for soundquality?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Delete

Feel free to delete this post I've made up my mind going for a 300- 400 series Yamaha.Yeah I know I miss spelled the intro on the first thread.

·
Registered
31 Posts
It really depends on the person. Some people prefer the Yamaha, others prefer the Pearl. Both are good "intermediate" flutes. Finding some flutes to try out would be best, even if you end up purchasing a flute online.

Speaking of eBay, I would budget for up to $200 or so getting the flute cleaned, oiled, adjusted, and any pads replaced.

From what I can gather, you are looking for a flute with a "split E" mechanism. I don't think Gemeinhardt offers that feature. They have a 3SHB that has the same specs, but no "split E".

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,149 Posts
Gemeinhardt does offer the split E but I feel it is an annoying set-up. Put a disk in the lower G and get 90% of the results without the hassle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts