Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW member
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sometimes have specific questions about clarinet or flute repairs and not sure if I should post them in the doubling subforum or in the sax repair-maintenance-modification one.
Separate sections would clarify things.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
I see. For sure your question would not quite get the attention or generate as much answers if submitted in the doubling subforum, but it will if you submit it in the sax repair & maintenance subforum.

I could create a subforum (with Harri's permission) for Flute/Clarinet & other woodwinds inside the existing sax repair & maintenance subforum and add a link to the doubling subforum that redirects to Flute/Clarinet Repair (Like the Teaching sax, Sheet music and Late Bloomers link listed at the bottom of the Begninner's forum) But I wonder if it is really necessary.

How often does such flute/clarinet repair question ocur? Are there others with such questions and that see the use of such subforum?

·
Banned
5,336 Posts
I think a subforum for repair of other woodwinds would be a great idea. Just think of all the new things techs could spend all day arguing about and not get any repair work done. :twisted: I give the idea two thumbs up.

·
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
...How often does such flute/clarinet repair question ocur? Are there others with such questions and that see the use of such subforum?
Well maybe I'm the only one :twisted:

I sometimes see repair and maintenance questions in the flute and clarinet sections, so it could clarify things.

·
Forum Contributor 2008-2017
667 Posts
I'm in the middle of changing a leaking headjoint cork on my old Armstrong flute. Some tips for a first timer would have come in handy! The previous owner had wrapped paper around the cork to counteract the shrinkage, it was wedged in the bore, and I had a difficult time with removal. I know, I know, "take it to your tech", but he is currently booked up, and I'm not!

Sidepipes

·
Administrator
13,985 Posts
Thank Kim too. She brought your idea to the attention of the rest of the staff.

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
There you go, Mike created the subforum. :)

I sometimes see repair and maintenance questions in the flute and clarinet sections, so it could clarify things.
If you do happen to come across one of those in the flute/clar section, please let us know so that we can move it to the new subforum.

EDIT: Great, I see that we have all been posting at the same time - That happens a lot :bluewink:

·
4,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Kim, I will keep an eye out for those threads.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts