Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,955 Posts
Isn't Brevard a summer school? (Transylvania county N.C.?)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I believe so. My girlfriend is at Brevard right now. In fact, she just played woth Joe Lulloff (he premeired a new Concerto with the orchestra!).

Steve P

·
14,955 Posts
Great program, lots of work too. Don't think it is a university program.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Oh wait. You mean Brevard College in Florida. Now I am with you.

As far as I know, Jim Bishop still teaches at Brevard, as well as Stetson. He is a very nice man, and knows his stuff. Certainly a good option. FSU is of course a great school, and Pat Meighan is amazing :)

Steve P

·
14,955 Posts
OOOOOooooohhhhhhhhhhh, FLORIDA!!

Never mind. (the NC one is a great experience)

·
Registered
471 Posts
If I had to choose... I'd go to FSU, you'd have one heck of a professor and a pretty good Teaching Assistant ;p (Hi Dannel)

But if you really need to make up your own mind, go visit both schools, and meet the studio. Maybe schedule your visit during a time the studio has masterclass, so you can see who you'll be studying with and learning from (cause you'll be learning from more than just the professor)

·
Registered
647 Posts
I vote FSU!

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well.. Here is an update. I am going to Florida Southern College for my first year. Then I will apply for FSU. There is no way I can leave home this coming year with some of the things going on now. So.. that will give me a year to get ready for marching with the chiefs. : ) Everything is set, and I can breathe now. lol.

·
Registered
639 Posts
You can transfer after you first or second year. There is no problem with that. It's what I did. FSU has a great sax program and it was one of my choices when looking to transfer. Meighan is amazing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts