Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,110 Posts
“Some filing on inside.”

You don't say!

I don't chase pieces like this, so I do plead ignorance here. Why is it at $250+? What will it take to correct this thing and is that a reasonable price factoring in the work needed?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,444 Posts
It can't be 'fixed' - its been butchered to the point that the baffle area is gone and the bite plate is exposed. It is only worth its weight in brass, about 10 cents.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,711 Posts
Someone is dreaming..or shill bids.

Im pretty confident there is nothing there to work with.

1Saxman...10 cents for that amount of brass might be overly generous :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
2,110 Posts
To my very untrained eye, it looks like a complete loss, glad to hear I'm not nuts.

The bidding tells a different story. Why anyone would even consider bidding is beyond me.

·
Registered
8,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was a 10* or something stupid I wouldn’t care as much, but a 6* Fl DR?
I have a friend with a FL DR that’s marked 8* but looks and plays more like a 6*. It’s possibly the second best Link I’ve played.

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
You guys misunderstood it. That’s actually an auction for a vintage ligature that will ship with a free doorstop.

·
Administrator
17,296 Posts
If it was a 10* or something stupid I wouldn’t care as much, but a 6* Fl DR?
It would have been even worse if it had been an original 10* FL DR, those are really rare and sought after and I guess much more valuable than a common and much produced 6*. I guess the original 6* facing was really a mess, because why would someone even further reduce it into a baby facing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts