Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I recently bought an ipad2, purchased and installed goodreader, and have imported a few fake books into the ipad. I can read them if they're not too far from my eyes.

There's really no need for me to tote around fake books anymore, except for 1-2 in the trunk of my car as a back-up.

The thing is, is there a product out there for just mounting the Ipad on a floor stand. Maybe someone has come up with something to screw into a mic stand that is an adapter of sorts? For now, I can plop my ipad down on a PEAK folding standard sheet music stand.

Any ideas?

Jim

·
Banned
593 Posts
sonds like a nice idea to keep an assortment of music on an ipad. im sure we'll see some soon. Maybe for an android device first.

i can see they will present their own problems though. my batteries dead repacing the dog ate it. also it doesnt substitue for planning what to bring. i know plenty of people that think that tablet or phone has all this great stuff on it that they take along, but, then there is so much they cant find the thing the want in a reasonable amount of time

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sonds like a nice idea to keep an assortment of music on an ipad. im sure we'll see some soon. Maybe for an android device first.

i can see they will present their own problems though. my batteries dead repacing the dog ate it. also it doesnt substitue for planning what to bring. i know plenty of people that think that tablet or phone has all this great stuff on it that they take along, but, then there is so much they cant find the thing the want in a reasonable amount of time
Good points. There are some bands out there that are now doing all their sheet music on electronic tablets. There's currently a thread on ipads for music in the SOTW Electronics forum. As for batteries, that wouldn't be an issue, since I would be using a mulit-outlet extension cord to power my QSC K8 powered speaker on which I would play backing tracks (where I would look on the "sheet music" as needed).

With regard to the ipad itself dying at a bad time, I bring a back up ipod and even an additional backup CD portable CD player (remember those) with tracks on CDs. I even bring a back up cable set, and a back-up powered speaker itself. I also have a couple actual fake books and my PEAK music stand in my trunk 24/7...

Call me paranoid, but I take no chances. Someone's wedding reception is their once-in-a-lifetime moment. and either the music is there or it isn't. Excuses not accepted....

·
Forum Contributor 2014, Distinguished SOTW Member
2,087 Posts
Seems like a regular music stand would do the trick.

Edit: Of course had I read your entire post....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,735 Posts
Sounds like it's time to reinvent the lyre.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Which option are you going with?
Not sure, I suspect the top one. The Apple one won't work, because my bell would block the ipad if I positioned it for the mic. The top link company also has a variant that would go on the inner pole of a Manhasset stand.

Not to derail my own thread, but did you ever get that Barone?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2017
6,296 Posts
I looked at several options for mounting the iPad in a car yesterday at Frys - they had about a half dozen choices but I wasn't really shopping for that so I didn't absorb the info. If memory serves me correctly though, a couple of these looked as if they would work well. Seems to me a basic music stand would get the job done.

·
Forum Contributor 2016-17
377 Posts
Not sure, I suspect the top one. The Apple one won't work, because my bell would block the ipad if I positioned it for the mic. The top link company also has a variant that would go on the inner pole of a Manhasset stand.

Not to derail my own thread, but did you ever get that Barone?
Not yet. I was going to pull the trigger but had some unexpected home repairs but it is still on my wish list. The joys of home ownership..now back to our regular programming and the Ipad.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I use an iKlip - just google it. Very good solution.

I also use the new Avid Scorch for iPad for all my Sibelius files. Works great in principle, but a bit glitchy in places. They will get there eventually I think

1 - 12 of 12 Posts