Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. My current bari case is not flyable and I need to put my ancient Buescher bari (Bb, no low A) on a plane this weekend. Can anyone refer me to a flight case they know will fit? 1000 thanks! -Max

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
Nothing quite like putting a $1200 horn in a $1200 case, but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do when you've only got 4 days to figure it out.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bam/Hightech-Baritone-Saxophone-Case-1275776906058.gc?country=us&currency=usd&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKEAiAk7O0BRD9_Ka2w_PhwSkSJAAmKswxA02vfk7SQ8bBibdU6LrrSyn-9kud8wQDnDrr_tBKkRoCLb7w_wcB&kwid=productads-plaid^145409627322-sku^[email protected]^PLA-device^c-adid^78244844802

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you at @maddenma! I have a bam case for my tenor. In your experience is there anything comparable that's not a mortgage payment?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,264 Posts
Thank you at @maddenma! I have a bam case for my tenor. In your experience is there anything comparable that's not a mortgage payment?
I had Walt Johnson make a custom case for my TrueTone bari. I furnished tracings and dimensions, and they turned out a great case.

Fast, cheap, or good? Pick two.

G'luck!

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
I had Walt Johnson make a custom case for my TrueTone bari. I furnished tracings and dimensions, and they turned out a great case.

Fast, cheap, or good? Pick two.

G'luck!
I don't claim to be an expert on either of these cases. Just noted what BAM is claiming. Does the Walt Johnson purport itself to be a flight case able to protect against the baggage handler gorillas?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts