Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to pick up a new lyre screw for my yani alto sax. I saw they had a nice looking shop running there. So i dropped off my sax for the evening for some basic repairs. I haven't had it repaired for two months. Didnt need anything major, but i have had roughly 60 performance hours on it since the last repair.
picked it up the next day and it plays really well. Solid job with a quick turn around. So if you want a good sax repair in Houston, teaxas, try Fleming Instrument Repair!

They also seem to have a very competative consignment program there. "A little known secret" the repair guy said. Basically, this mainly repair shop/smaller store had like 4 mark vi altos, an sba alto, and 3-4 mark vi tenors! All were repaired very well and in great condition. In like the 5-7 grand range i believe. I shortly played on the sba and one of the vi altos. Felt like a really great setup!

Anyway, so looking for a repair in houston or want a place to buy a great vintage selmer with a pro setup, check out Fleming in Houston, Texas!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, they dont advertise as having such high end stuff. They did also have a lot of nice looking clarinets and flutes too.
These were on display. A trumpet player came in for a repair while i was there, but i didnt see a lot of brass on display.

·
Registered
8,205 Posts
I bought a horn from a guy that had it overhauled there. Good job. I feel the keys are set too high, but that's me. They do some fantastic dent work. Not even a ripple even and they didn't bother with unnecessary spot lacquering.

32 Posts
Thanks guys for all your comments. I know this post was from awhile ago but we're still here and keeping you playing! Our shop has grown and we now offer and carry instruments from Yamaha, Keilwerth, Selmer, Yanagisawa and more!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts