Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting in a good word for Ed Fleming and Fleming Instrument Repair in Houston. He really saved me and my bari for a series of Oasis Quartet concerts in Texas this week. Forced to gate-check my Serie II bari in BAM case from Des Moines to Houston, the horn was damaged (disappointing in that case, BTW), and it became a crisis. Our soprano player, Nathan Nabb (Stephen F. Austin State University in Nacogdoches) gave me a recommendation for Fleming Music that he had received from a former Houston Symphony clarinetist. I rather frantically called Ed, and he graciously worked the horn work in after lunch, as well as some minor work on Dave Camwell's tenor, and we were on the road in time to make an evening rehearsal at SFASU--then concerts in Houston on Thursday, UNT in Denton on Friday, and SFASU on Saturday. All performances went off without a hitch, including ppp low A's on Poulenc's Suite Francaise. As it turned out, Nathan's soprano developed some issues at our Wednesday rehearsal, and Ed again immediately fit us into his schedule as we stopped by his shop on the way to the Houston performance. His work was top-notch, service was incredible, and price was very reasonable.

Thanks, Ed!

JR

·
Forum Contributor 2011-2015
1,872 Posts
I dropped my Super 20 off at Fleming in Houston on August 13th to have some issues corrected. I picked it up today and I must express how very pleased I am with the quality of work done. Ed and Steve were really great to work with. Excellent work, quick turn around and very reasonable pricing. I am glad I found an excellent place within a couple hours drive time. No need for me to go anywhere as long as they are around! Here are some before and after shots of the repairs.

Don't ask how I managed to break the friggin' front F key... :mrgreen:

Some how during the time my Super 20 was out of my hands for several years, someone hacked off the tab on the low C#/G# key. It made a low C# to G# transition a bear. Ed corrected this beautifully.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts