Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Search on "Spectruoso" and you should get some hits.

I had a 350SP for a while - big and fuzzy, just like Joe Lovano and his sound. <rim shot> I didn't find it flexible enough to be able to get any other sound out of it. Sold it to Littlewailer, as I recall, and he reported a completely different take on it.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Search on "Spectruoso" and you should get some hits.

I had a 350SP for a while - big and fuzzy, just like Joe Lovano and his sound. <rim shot> I didn't find it flexible enough to be able to get any other sound out of it. Sold it to Littlewailer, as I recall, and he reported a completely different take on it.
That's a tenor mouthpiece, looking for soprano only, hence why I posted here.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,949 Posts
Francois Louis SOPRANO mouthpiece reviews?

That's a tenor mouthpiece, looking for soprano only, hence why I posted here.
Mea Culpa. The subforum name was not visible when I read your post.

I was once interested in the sop' 'piece as the SP chamber seemed similar in design to Fred Lamberson's Fmaj7 which I enjoyed very much on my Selmer and Yanagisawa sops. My Borgani Jubilee sop, however, is not so happy with a smaller chamber volume.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,878 Posts
the search function works well but only here

https://www.saxontheweb.net

top in the middle where it says google custom search. All the other search boxes don’t give you the results of this one.

https://forum.saxontheweb.net/showthread.php?137483-Francois-Louis-soprano-mouthpiece

This post is mentioning the Spectruoso Soprano

Since a few days I use the Francois Louis Spectruoso 215 Signature model with Rico Jazz Select 2S.
All I can say is that I like it very much. Tone is fat, bright and dark - I think it'll work fine for traditional, fusion or smooth jazz.
It's so easy to play, good intonation and maximum control.

The last 3 years I played on a Bari 80, which has a beautiful tone too, but darker.
My soprano is a Mark VI 130.000

·
Registered
385 Posts
I tried a SP215 soprano in the store I sometimes work in a while ago and was very very impressed. I have a Mouthpiece Café Slant Supreme on my soprano that I love but if I'll ever buy another piece to my soprano I will consider an FL. I didn't have my own reeds with me so I grabbed a V16 because I found an open box of 3s, never been into V16ns but that setup was a great match and it played amazing. To me it had a bit of resistance but in a very comfortable way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts