Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hoping you guys can help me out with this. I emailed Borgani about fitting a super power neck to my Borgani Jubilee tenor sax (Joe Lovano model from 2010). They said of course it'll fit, "but you should check the sax plug that you have on your Tenor Sax, there are 2 model of it and you should check if it is the same on the neck and on the sax body."

I have no idea what this means. Any ideas? Thanks!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,707 Posts
Sounds like a bit of a language barrier.

Is there any set of numbers on your neck plug?

Just a thought.

Im presuming you know that even if it "Fits" it may likely need professional fitting by a horn tech.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I figured I'd need a tech to go over it anyway, but I was looking at buying a used neck, so I want to make sure I get it right.

No numbers on the plug. Someone else suggested that perhaps they do 2 different neck tenon sizes, and that's what they mean.

There are numbers on the neck....but they correspond to the serial number on the body.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,707 Posts
Yes that is what I think they mean.

Maybe they mean make sure the two necks are the same as the receiver...where the plug goes :)

Find a friend with a caliper and measure your neck.

Harbor freight has digital models for dirt cheap and they do fine for everyday measuring.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,936 Posts
There are currently two distinctively different diameter necks on the Jubilee tenors. They are suggesting that you measure a well-fitting neck plug. If your current neck fits well, you could measure that instead.

How do I know? I have two Jubilee tenors, a “J” and an “OBT”, and the necks are nowhere near close to fitting the other horn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts