Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Wow thank you very much :D! You answered my complete list of newbie questions in one video.
Just played my first note and it actually came out more-or-less alright haha!

(l)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thank you very much :D! You answered my complete list of newbie questions in one video.
Just played my first note and it actually came out more-or-less alright haha!

(l)

·
Registered
2 Posts
This vid now has 40K views :) Juts amazing :)
I registered to this forum to thank you. I have been watching your videos and I absolutely love your way of sharing information in a beginner friendly way. I think that the videos you have shared with us are top quality and huge help when people pick up their first saxophones for the first times and try to get sounds out of them without damaging the instrument.

Myself, I have played guitar for all of my life. I also play other instruments like Cajon drum and piano just for fun. But lately I decided that I want to master saxophone. I already have a vision of the sounds I need and now I only need to learn how to produce them. The musical knowledge and theoretical skills are already there. I got my brand new Yamaha YTS-280 from retailer last week. Now when grabbing saxophone, learning the scales is crystal clear as I can imagine myself wandering up and down the note sheet as I play. Once again, huge thank you for your video of showing finger charts and what note they produce!

I haven't yet decided weather to take lessons or not. I think that with my knowledge of music, enjoying to play with no rush and the top quality youtube tutorial videos for beginners there might be a good chance to save some money learning by myself and spending the much needed money on my little baby boy instead. As a father there are also other priorities and life is full of compromises. I'll let you know about my decision anyways and you can also recommend something if you like. Already in a good progress mostly through your excellent videos.

Once again, last but not least: Thank you, I really appreciate your work for the benefit of all of us SAX beginners!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts