Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There this rather well known Dutch saxophone's shop, Harry Bakker, and they sell their own taiwanese brand " First Sax" somebody has been offering a curved soprano in excange for my Dolnet tenor, I was wondering if anybody had ever tested this saxophone and knew which Taiwanese factory made them and if they were any good.

Distinguished SOTW Member
i think a dolnet tenor would be a much better sax than any taiwanese sax, personally i would keep the dolnet, or sell it and buy a better soprano

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SearjeantSax said:
i think a dolnet tenor would be a much better sax than any taiwanese sax, personally i would keep the dolnet, or sell it and buy a better soprano
You are probably right, I know my Dolnet is better than the soprano in question but still it has failed to generate the attention I had expected. Even on this forum I didn't receive a single decent or otherwise offer for it. Need to be patient perhaps:(

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
actually I had an ad on this forum and on the well known Dutch second hand site Marktplaats (we've talked about it several times on this forum).
I've just revised my ad this morning lowering the price quite substantially. You'll find it in the appropriate section horns for sale.
AS I said I will be willing to trade my Dolnet with a Bariton or a Soprano and I am open for offers. The Horn has been bought very recently in a Dutch Shop in Amsterdam and it was re-hauled by a very good American technician operating in the Netherlands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.