·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,960 Posts
Hah! Sweeet.

I’m guessing you like ‘em, eh?

·
32,960 Posts
Nice of you to pop back in with a comment, Tom.

I saw this thread earlier today, and was wondering how you were getting along.

Both are 19xxxJ? How close are they in serial number? Any perceptible differences?

I'm curious to learn what mouthpiece(s) you enjoy with them.

All the best to you and yours,

George

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice of you to pop back in with a comment, Tom.

I saw this thread earlier today, and was wondering how you were getting along.

Both are 19xxxJ? How close are they in serial number? Any perceptible differences?

I'm curious to learn what mouthpiece(s) you enjoy with them.

All the best to you and yours,

George
Exactly 537 serials apart. The main perceptible difference is it earlier model has a different neck receiver. Later model has a high F# aswell

The earlier model is in the getting a full repair and TM resos

I’ve been really digging a retro revival slant as well as a Florida mould Otto link tone edge. I am in a bit of a setup limbo so that’s liable to change though

Looking forward to putting some recordings up here soon too!!

·
32,960 Posts
Sweet!

Happiness is a Borgani Jubilee in fine fettle.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Dr., are there certain year or serial number Borgs to avoid? Are there any especially desirable ones?
They only make around 300 horns per year, something like that? A bad day at the factory would only affect 1 horn or so? I'm just guessing out loud.

·
32,960 Posts
Dr., are there certain year or serial number Borgs to avoid? Are there any especially desirable ones?
Improvements were made to the mechanism somewhere around 185xxJ, but I would not suggest you avoid any particular Jubilee horns. My 0409J was pretty awesome.

I also have a newer OBT with a slightly smaller bore and bell. It blows a little differently, but still has that outstanding Borgani core tone.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Just curious to know what sort of $ are these second hand Borgani Lavano model selling for? I had the good fortune to listen to and also play one of these very recently, outstanding ergos, sound and build quality.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,580 Posts
Just curious to know what sort of $ are these second hand Borgani Lavano model selling for? I had the good fortune to listen to and also play one of these very recently, outstanding ergos, sound and build quality.
The OP is selling one now in the marketplace, I believe asking price is $3500

·
32,960 Posts

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I see Tom is selling both his Borganis in the marketplace now. It's EOFY here in Oz…. Give me two months…

·
Registered
197 Posts
shoot me a message if you're interested. we'll work something out :)
I am now officially the new owner of Tom's No F# horn. First Tom was a pleasure to work with - responsive, honest, responsive, straight shooter who made the process of buying it fun. thank you Tom!! Can't recommend him highly enough.

2nd, Resistance really is futile. I am assimilated having met all the criteria in the Cube handbook - I lusted after a Borgani for months, looking for the right one in the USA, Europe (including Italy), and Australia, finally buying this one and blowing it. One of the many things that grabbed my attention is the tight community here in SOTW and the Matt Stohrer video. I never thought I could actually own the horn made famous by Matt, JazzAddict, SimonJazzSax, Guto, Stagefright, Boston Sax Shop and of course Tom. I gratefully thank each and every one of you for sharing your Borg experience with others in the Cube and beyond.

I have now had the Borg in question in my possession for 2 days... I would like to ask the good Dr G if he could write me a note for work stating I should be excused from actually being there since I just got THE Lovano Borgani. I think a Doctors note should suffice and they would certainly understand. Who wouldn't? It is a very hard horn to put down...

Playing it is a mind blowing experience for me. My wife said it best stating that for the first time in the 2 decades I've been playing she hears my voice and not the sax. Blowing the Borg is easy and effortless (at least this one is). As Tom said it is "reallly dialed in" and I'd add on all channels. And having the original neck AND the Gold Power Neck opens up possibilities that are so much fun to explore.

Will keep the Cube posted on my adventures with this horn...

Chubarry

·
32,960 Posts
To whom it may concern: Please excuse Barry from work. He is suffering from an extreme case of bliss. It may be contagious to anyone that tries his new horn. I recommend that Barry be placed in a soundproof quarantine, as it may get loud.

Enjoy that horn! Thanks for sharing your experience.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts