Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anybody else having issues with Firefox 4 on this forum? When I select 'New posts' some of the columns are misaligned, and sometimes the 'envelope' graphics is missing.
I don't think it's a forum problem; if I refresh the browser the problem shifts and moves around...
Below are two examples, before and after refresh.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,206 Posts
FF 4 works fine for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
FF4 works just fine for me too!

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.
It could be the new ad-blocker I was testing; I've disabled it now and everything lines up perfectly... (it's called Maximum AdBlock 1.0.2.618 if anybody cares to test it!)

·
SOTW Administrator
26,206 Posts
I'm using adblock plus, it works fine with FF4

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
FF works fine... Sometimes I will use Safari & only 16 or 26 or xx new posts will load... On FF it always loads at 100 new posts or 120 new posts...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,444 Posts
Other than Firefox 4 won't work on my iMac with OS 10.4.11, no, no problems with Firefox 4 and an old laptop running Vista!

·
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the conclusion is that my issue was caused by the add-on; disabling it made the problem go away. And thanks to you guys and now have an ad blocker that works!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
5,528 Posts
The Noia 2 Extreme theme does not work with Firefox 4 yet. So I don't use Firefox 4. Having my buttons and controls where I like them is more important to me that having the upgrade. Hopefully, they will have all of these little bugs worked out of version 4 by the time the Noia skin comes out for it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Generally disabling all add-ons is the 1st test method for these sorts of issues, secondly, it never hurts to check your graphics drivers / platform updates.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Generally disabling all add-ons is the 1st test method for these sorts of issues, secondly, it never hurts to check your graphics drivers / platform updates.
Last post in this thread is over 7 years old, and Firefox has since gone through 54 major version numbers. If this is still relevant for someone, would certainly not hurt to check updates......... :clock:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts