Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With any luck these two models might be finalised and ready by August. The first one is the standard model in honey gold lacquer, the second is an unlacquered model with Roo pads, pro quality case and full body and neck engraving.

Model 1 is going to be around $1,500 for tenor $1,300 for alto

Model 2 is going to be around $2,000 for tenor, $1,800 for alto

Please do not hold me to these prices - I am doing my best, but this stuff takes time! I estimate these to be about 1/2 to 2/3 of the equivalent models the same manufacturer is OEMing for a well known brand right now.

We're working on baris and sopranos and they'll definitely be avaible for Model 1 at least.

More info in 1 to 2 months... in the meantime I can probably take custom orders if anyone's in a hurry. Email me at richard.adams_AT_innerphysique.com and we can talk in private, I do not want to take orders or discuss details further on SOTW, I don't think it's fair to the forum to do so.

Please wish me luck, I've sold my last shirt for this... :|

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
Rick Adams said:
With any luck these two models might be finalised and ready by August. The first one is the standard model in honey gold lacquer, the second is an unlacquered model with Roo pads, pro quality case and full body and neck engraving.

Model 1 is going to be around $1,500 for tenor $1,300 for alto

Model 2 is going to be around $2,000 for tenor, $1,800 for alto

Please do not hold me to these prices - I am doing my best, but this stuff takes time!

We're working on baris and sopranos and they'll definitely be avaible for Model 1 at least.

More info in 1 to 2 months... in the meantime I can probably take custom orders if anyone's in a hurry. Email me at richard.adams_AT_innerphysique.com and we can talk in private, I do not want to take orders or discuss details further on SOTW, I don't think it's fair to the forum to do so.

Please wish me luck, I've sold my last shirt for this... :|

Rick,

PLEASE...do not make those abalone finger touches the only option like Mauriat does now.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Morry said:
Rick,

PLEASE...do not make those abalone finger touches the only option like Mauriat does now.
Personally I like them but your wish is my command...

Key Touch Options

·
Registered
285 Posts
Have you got a spec list together Rick? As far as how they were built, what they were modeled after, etc. Key adjustments, metals, bracing, materials, lacquers?...=)

- Pat

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Migraine777 said:
Have you got a spec list together Rick? As far as how they were built, what they were modeled after, etc. Key adjustments, metals, bracing, materials, lacquers?...=) - Pat
Hi Pat. Yup, working hard on that. I'd say we're 80% there and hence I said "more info in August" as this is when everything - model specifications, confirmed prices and a list of optional extras - will hopefully be finalised. :)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Merci beaucoup Monsieur!

I've had a lot of problems lately, most prominently my mum is turning 80 on Wednesday (Independence Day for you lot in the US) and she's not well so I'm having to put her aprtment up for sale, give up my 17th C cottage in the middle of nowhere and buy a house and have move in with me.

At the same time I've run out of money with my other startup business taking longer than I'd hoped to get going so I haven't had an income for 12 months now :shock:

About four weeks ago I'd reached the end of my tether (and my cash) and TBH had pretty much given up on everything. Now things are a little rosier again after some bumpy starts.

These saxes are very, very good, I'm having to prize them out of the hands of my manufacturer who keeps wanting to add each new model we produce to his own private collection damn his eyes (he's actually a really nice guy).

I'm sorry they're not silly money but there is a reason for it - they're the best I can get made for me, simple as that!

I'm working on some other ideas as well - a student model from China and a range of sax necks the like of which have never been seen before - does anyone have any patenting experience? I have an idea for sax necks that might just be a good 'un (only might, it's early days and it might turn out to be utter rubbish)... watch this space!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,147 Posts
Are those Barone necks?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Martinman said:
Are those Barone necks?
Thanks for the question Martinman. The saxes in the photos do not have Barone necks and my own (and very early stage) ideas for necks are a completely new concept that are also a totally separate project to these saxes. The necks on these saxes are very high quality and are actually the same as the ones they OEM for another brand name that are then sold as aftermarket accessories for quite a reasonable amount of money.

That said, Phil and I are still talking to each other on an ongoing basis and we've discussed the possibility of me using his necks several times, but that's definitely nothing more than a discussion at this stage and ultimately of course it would be up to Phil as well as me and would involve a premium on the price because Phil would need to be reimbursed for his work and for his intellectual property (and quite rightly too of course).

I'd love to work out something with Phil though because quite aside from the quality of his workmanship I really enjoy his company and his insight into the industry and I'm glad we made friends as well as business acquaintenceship. It's never a dull moment with Phil, that's for certain! I'm hoping to get out to NY to visit him some time once I've moved house and got myself back on an even keel and assuming he hasn't killed himself in the meantime on that beast of a Harley!

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've sold my last shirt for this... :|[/QUOTE said:
I wish you every success with this and I will be contacting you. In the meantime what shirt collar size are you?;)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
4,370 Posts
We should all chip in and buy Rick an SOTW t-shirt, so he doesn't have to go door to door selling saxes butt-naked!:shock:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,590 Posts
I can see it now, the Adams Naked Dude sax.

Please NO PICTURES!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Forum Contributor 20
4,842 Posts
Rick Adams said:
Personally I like them but your wish is my command...

Key Touch Options

Sorry, Rick. I had gone back and self-edited my post, felling it was just came off nasty. Unfortunately, your reply picked up the pre-edited version.

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,890 Posts
Funny, those look just like Toulour horns. (Not an insult.) Very nice. Are you going to do a Bari and Soprano also?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Beautiful horns, I will definitely be keeping an eye on them for my future tenor purchase. Do you know what type of mouthpiece will be shipping with the horns, or is it still undecided?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts