Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's a thread like this on the keyboard forum. I'm curious if anybody is finding any great deals on any musical gear. Doesn't have to be sax-related. Could be audio or electronic gear, accessories, any old musical stuff that interests you.

·
Registered
4,570 Posts
I bought some smoke/CO alarms from Nest and an ABS rack case from Seismic Audio. Terribly exciting stuff.

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
I get constant emails from the big online retailers with 20% off coupons but I really haven’t seen anything so great that I couldn’t take a pass. At this point it seems like retailers are selling stuff as cheap as they are willing to go on a regular basis so all the big sales talk has become mostly marketing hype. Honestly I think you can get as good or better deal when the after Christmas sales start in mid January. It’s also a good time to get great deals on lightly used gear that folks are selling to pay their Christmas present credit card bills.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
2,145 Posts
Arturia is having a pretty fantastic sale on their V-Collection 6... I'm tempted even though I already have 5 and it's plenty. 6 has some cool additions, though.

https://www.arturia.com/black-friday

Really amazing emulations of classic synthesizers. You may not have the tactile experience of the real thing, but for making tracks, they're insanely close to the real thing. I use the Moog and Prophet emulations regularly.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Coming from somebody in Fort Wayne, IN. Sweetwater is in my backyard and they have a pretty nice black Friday sale going on. I would imagine they will have a pretty good Cyber Monday as well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
725 Posts
It’s been pretty underwhelming thus far from what I have been able to find. The “deals” aren’t much different than any other sale throughout the year; 15-20% off coupons, and pushing a lot of low-end house brands such as Allora, Harbinger and the like. I did get a sweet deal on a Showtime mouthpiece here on the SOTW marketplace though. And both Sweetwater and Guitar Center have a Warm Audio wa-47 tube mic on sale so Santa may well be bringing me one of those...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2011
13,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,092 Posts
I missed the bulk of the 99percentoffsale.com stunt from Cards Against Humanity. They had a $7000 gaming chair up for sale when I found it, but it was sold out by the time I verified it was legit. After that it was all stuff I neither wanted, nor wanted to bother with reselling... a hotdog cart, an 8 ft statue of Anubis, a 20ft yurt, an all expenses 10-day vacation for 2 to Antarctica, industrial breathing gear, etc. Pretty hilarious listings, though. Wish I'd been there when they were selling 20 dollar bills for 20 cents, or sold off a lightly used Fiesta for a hundred bucks.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Bought some recording gear from Pro Audio Star. They have a 20% off coupon on almost all individual items and 7% off coupon on bundles. Plus up to 24 months of zero APR financing through Affirm. Got an Apollo X6 for $400 off plus 18 months 0% APR financing. Also, Weiner Music has an 18% off sale today only. Stocked up on Legere Signatures (Weiner doesn't charge sales tax, which makes the deal even better). Horns are also subject to the 18% off coupon, it appears.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
I missed the bulk of the 99percentoffsale.com stunt from Cards Against Humanity. They had a $7000 gaming chair up for sale when I found it, but it was sold out by the time I verified it was legit. After that it was all stuff I neither wanted, nor wanted to bother with reselling... a hotdog cart, an 8 ft statue of Anubis, a 20ft yurt, an all expenses 10-day vacation for 2 to Antarctica, industrial breathing gear, etc. Pretty hilarious listings, though. Wish I'd been there when they were selling 20 dollar bills for 20 cents, or sold off a lightly used Fiesta for a hundred bucks.
I read through these. Some of the things were incredible. All expense paid trips for like $150 dollars! Just some random amazing stuff! I think that everybody who saw it kept it secret!!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Bought some recording gear from Pro Audio Star. They have a 20% off coupon on almost all individual items and 7% off coupon on bundles. Plus up to 24 months of zero APR financing through Affirm. Got an Apollo X6 for $400 off plus 18 months 0% APR financing. Also, Weiner Music has an 18% off sale today only. Stocked up on Legere Signatures (Weiner doesn't charge sales tax, which makes the deal even better). Horns are also subject to the 18% off coupon, it appears.
Just got 200.00 off on a Zoom L-20 thanks to your tip, jman! Thanks so much!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
3,846 Posts
I got some more drumpaks and midipaks for Addictive Drummer 2 from xlnaudio.com. Their sale is 50% off on everything, and it continues til Wednesday.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I picked up a pair of Crown XLS 2502 amps from Guitar Center (15% off) for a pair of PartsExpress/Dayton Audio Ultimax 18" subs I am building for a home theater / bar / instrument practice room I'm constructing in my basement. Coupon wouldn't work on their cart but I did a chat and the guy hooked me up.

I also bought a book from Steve Neff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts