Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Yes it is working.
Turned out quite nicely. You should feel proud to have restored a fine instrument rather than scrapping it. :)

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,880 Posts
Yes, it is working. Very impressive, by the way.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for those great comments. Was not easy to pull this, but thanks to drmusicpr.com, this is the result of a lot of patience,phone calls,searching for the right parts...etc and what the Spanish guy saying is,how reliable is the rhino ligature,how easy is to hit those high and lower notes,better response,intonation..etc and all that for a reasonable price, you will get incredible results.
The horn plays incredible,awesome, only how a Mark VI can do. Just to know what it was and what it is now, I am just :yikes!: . Now I get the "Mark VI thing" Once again..Thanks

·
Registered
474 Posts
From out of the ashes comes a real jewel! Congratulations.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
that guy should take it easy on the poor girl....she's been through lot...no action for 30 years....straight outta the hospital she has a date with that guy?!!!!!!...whew!!!!!!!!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
TENOR, soprano, alto, baritone
7,748 Posts
Very difficult job, resoldering all the posts and ribs. Just replacing all the springs at one time is monumental. It's very difficult to balance the tension and get the factory feel. I like it that he didn't try to buff a high polish onto the horn or remove any scars. At lrast now the horn has a chance to be great.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
...funny thing is I saw it coming!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Great restore job, glad it is all finished for you.

Steve

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Beautiful. Almost brings a tear to the eye; from the ashes, a MKVI was reborn.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts