Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember, I bought a refurbished soprano saxophone from the original "G Series" from Kenny G, and was having a lot of issues with getting a matching mouthpiece. Well, I finally gave up on the thing, and one of the dealers was kind enough to offer me a brand new soprano at a lowered price if I sent in my old one, and he would take the old one off the market. Apparently, the whole line of originals was like mine. I went ahead with the deal, of course.:mrgreen:

My new soprano is from the "E Series III" line, and what a great instrument it is! The standard Yamaha 4C mouthpiece I bought before works great on it while having room for adjustment (and surprisingly, the stock mouthpiece is almost as good), and the entire range from top to bottom plays great! My Fibracell reed wasn't working out so well though, so I picked up some Vandoren V16s. They play even better than I'd hoped, and I'll probably never use my Fibracell again knowing how much better the Vandorens are (high notes were almost impossible!). Oh yeah, and the saxophone is black nickel plated with tarnish resistant silver keys, and it looks beautiful!

To those who were helping me before, thanks for your time. It took a new saxophone in the end, but I think it was well worth it.:mrgreen:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts