Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there anyone with experience using Finale to write scores and generate parts. I am relatively new and at the start of the learning curve and would like to converse with someone with more experience to learn tips and tricks.

·
Registered
351 Posts
What version are you using?

I'm currently using V 25, but I've been using Finale since around 1999/2000.

For input, the keyboard shortcuts are your friends, or using an actual midi keyboard. I tend to be faster with just my computer keyboard and mouse. I've modified the controls to be like the older versions of Finale where the number row are the notes (ex. 5=quarter note, 4=eighth, 3=16th, etc.) and I can enter notes in that way quickly. I believe in current versions this is set to the number pad, which may work for you.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It says 2014d v 5030. I am getting used to input with the number pad. In working with scores I have found it easy to automatically put accents, staccato marks, etc. on vertical rows of notes, but I would also like to do that with slurs, crescendo's etc. Is there a way to do that or does one have to add those individually on every staff of the score? Thanks for any help you can give me.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
1,341 Posts
You might also check out Yahoo groups. There is (or was) a good group for Sibelius. Don't know about Finale. Sibelius also had a great chat room where you could ask questions or post problems and Sib employees or other users would answer them. Unfortunately, it fizzled out after the company was sold.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts