Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a medical condition, my saxophone playing days are over. Acquired in 1978, it has remained untouched for the last 13 years.:(

It is a Selmer Paris Mark VI alto, 69xxx (body and neck numbers correspond), original laquer, no dents/dings. I know it's got to be worked on before I market it but I'm wondering just how much I should spend to bring it up to par. One of the best in town quoted me $1400 but there are other reputable repair shops in the area much cheaper. Also, when percentage of laquer is discussed, how does one calculate that?

I appreciate any feedback you all might have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
All of your comments have been very helpful. I know there is a huge range of "market value", especially for a good horn. I thought it would have to be in top shape for people to try out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Thanks all. I'm a longtime resident of Austin and known/used multiple techs here over the years. Not in a rush to sell it, just seeking ideas to put it on the market. Black Selmer Paris Flight Case and barely been used in the last fifteen years due to an atypical facial neuralgia.

I'll put up pictures tomorrow.
Musical instrument Wind instrument Brass instrument Woodwind instrument Reed instrument
, Light Wind instrument Musical instrument Brass instrument Gold
, Musical instrument Light Gold Wind instrument Brass instrument
, Musical instrument Brass instrument Wind instrument Art Metal
, Light Brass instrument Automotive tire Wind instrument Motor vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts