Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two questions (poll of sorts):

1. What is your favorite Theo Wanne mouthpiece?
2. For those of you who have had the opportunity to compare his new "Performance Line" pieces (Datta, Brahma) to his corresponding more expensive pieces, which did you prefer?

Thanks.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,323 Posts
I tried both a wood Parvatti and a brass Amma and prefer the Amma.
Sorry i haven't tried the performance line pieces yet but if i did i would go for the Brahma for the lower baffle closest to an Otto Link.

·
Registered
627 Posts
--disclaimer for those that might not know, I work with Theo.

1) my favorite piece is still my Kali 8 for tenor (although the Datta is a close second for me)

2) I prefer the Pro-Line pieces (although I do honestly think that the Performance line pieces fill different sonic niches than the Pro-Line pieces)

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
1 - metal Gaia
2 - haven't tried the Performance pieces, don't feel the need to

·
Registered
240 Posts
1. Metal Gaia (Compared to AMMA and Parvati (although the Parvati was great too))

2. I tried only the Performance line HR pieces Datta and Brahama...for some minutes...I liked the Metal Wanne pieces much more (and several HR pieces I do own...)

·
Registered
923 Posts
1. Durga tenor. Alto (well EVERYTHING, Durga, Kali, Gaia), Soprano Gaia
2. Have not tried yet but plan to next month when I can slow down. Whew.....

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
1) Gaia and Ambika tenor in ebonite, lovely refined pieces and very flexible.
2) Pro-line by far; I found the Performance Line to have a much simpler sound in comparison.

·
(formerly borganiboy)
5,566 Posts
Had the Durga 9 on alto and tenor.Loved the tenor piece but wished he made 1 in a 115ish tip,the 8,110 tip durga was atad small and the 9,120 abit much.Any 1 else feel this.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Gaia Stable Wood Tenor 9 - Amazing!

I have played the performance line and I feel the sound from the pro line is much more refined and has more character.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a Kali #8 metal for the alto (yas 62 + g3 neck) and a AMMA #8 metal for the tenor (yts 62 + G1 neck (have a G3 neck on order). I plan to put the G1 neck up on ebay for bidding later this week or early next week if you're interested). - Rich

·
Registered
247 Posts
I am playing the KALI 9 on alto. I like it! Plays easier than my Lawton 8* and sounds bigger in the lower register. Have not tried the other pieces yet- am searching for a Kali 8 tenor now.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts