Sax on the Web Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

Registered
Loved that "Grace Kelly" video :) 馃尀Very inspirational indeed. Makes you want to practice.
Also makes one want to visit San Francisco right after New Orleans.
Nice curved soprano. Loved that painted VW Kombi bus.

Registered
I fear the inspiration I get from Leo P will lead to no good outcome. I like the color of my hair as it is. My replacement joints would certainly not hold up under the stress of attempting his moves. I thank my lucky stars I鈥檝e got that realization to keep me from trying them! And I鈥檝e had over a decade of Burning Man vacations to prove I am utterly devoid of any costuming skills. Although I must admit his BBC Proms performance intrigues me to wonder about how I鈥檇 take to the bari even as it triggers all those other fears...

Leo P at the BBC Proms 2017

Grace Kelly OTOH is very inspirational. I particularly like her video explaining how to practice. The subtitles are very helpful and the venue is certainly inspiring, in a stretch goal challenge sort of way.

Saxophone Practice 101 with Grace Kelly
I don't know mate, I thought I'd was a bit disappointing myself, she had obviously started breathing a little bit hard around the two kilometre mark of her uphill run, that spoiled it for me. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
I fear the inspiration I get from Leo P will lead to no good outcome. I like the color of my hair as it is. My replacement joints would certainly not hold up under the stress of attempting his moves. I thank my lucky stars I鈥檝e got that realization to keep me from trying them! And I鈥檝e had over a decade of Burning Man vacations to prove I am utterly devoid of any costuming skills. Although I must admit his BBC Proms performance intrigues me to wonder about how I鈥檇 take to the bari even as it triggers all those other fears...

Leo P at the BBC Proms 2017

Grace Kelly OTOH is very inspirational. I particularly like her video explaining how to practice. The subtitles are very helpful and the venue is certainly inspiring, in a stretch goal challenge sort of way.

Saxophone Practice 101 with Grace Kelly
Those two videos are crazy! Thanks!

A man should try that routine... with a tenor or a 25-pound bari
Make sure to record yourself!

Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2008
Some classic ikema781 reaction:

Registered
A man should try that routine... with a tenor or a 25-pound bari :D
This is as close as I鈥檝e seen. I figure if I strapped a baritone around my neck and tried to keep up with them without blowing a single note I鈥檇 be upping my aerobic workout by an order of magnitude or so...

7 Train
but which subway line?

Registered
A lot of repeats from above for me... I subscribe to:
Bob Reynolds
BetterSax / Jay Metcalf
Scott Paddock
Sirvalorsax
sax.co.uk
Jersey Julie

Non-sax but music channels I subscribe to and enjoy:
TwoSet Violin
Earspasm (Michael Lowenstern / Bass Clarinetist)
Nicholas Baldeyrou (LingLing* of clarinet! *a TwoSet reference)
Adam Neely
Marc Daniel Patrick

It's really interesting how many of these are common among us.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
I am a total beginner and I really like all the suggestions and I recognize many of them. I don't see Sax Comprehensive on anyone's list and this guy has helped me understand things that I have not been able to get clearly explained from other sites! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshgp6EjgbZoijSry8Cuv3w
Really nice channel, the videos are filled with usefull informations presented very clearly! Thanks

Registered
I like all the usual suspects listed here, But one I haven't seen mentioned is Jason Weber. The guy is a beast. He's been doing livestreams almost every day during the pandemic. He plays with tracks he uses to gig with. I'm so impressed with his versatility and ability to make Pop songs and Jazz tunes sound great with just his sax. Worth checking out.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts