Sax on the Web Forum banner

21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Keilwerth saxes (S/A/T), Selmer clarinets (S/B), Altus Azumi flute
In terms of videos that are not necessarily how-to/instructional, besides some of those already mentioned here, I really like Paquito D'Rivera's and Stantawn Kendrick's channels.

I also like some other channels like Max Ionata's that I'm not sure really fit in here because they consist almost exclusively of recorded performances.

Registered
I think most of the channels I'm subscribed to have been covered, I'll list a few that aren't, but they are on the list more for entertainment or inspiration value.
Firstly Daniele Vitale Sax, who obviously thinks he is the coolest sax player out there, and is just entertaining.
Johnny Ferreira, who uploads incomplete lessons because he wants you to pay for more content, he is very inspiring though, and his sound is what is in my head when I think "Rock n Roll Saxophone". He has a lot of performance videos, and sells the lessons and backing tracks. Definitely check out his channel, the guy rocks!
Then you have the "Leo P Complex", Leo P, Too Many Zoos, Lucky Chops, 2Saxy, Grace Kelly, and I think there might be more associated channels. If they don't inspire you, nothing will, pack it in right now!
SaxPedalGuy is worth a look, total tripper!
I'm not sure if SaxTuition got a mention, but a beginner will get something from him.
Others off my subscription list, I apologise if they've already been suggested.
Get Your Sax Together
Sax Casts
Saxplained
How To Play The Sax
Sax Station
Saxophone Geek
Jeff Schneider
Better Trax (goes with Better Sax)
RSR SAX
D'Addario Woodwinds
Simon Currie You Can Play Jazz
MaxSax
QGVideos
Schmitt Music Saxophone Shop

That should keep you busy for a while! :)

Edit- I forgot Sexy Sax Man!!! Sergio Flores is his name, but there's his funny videos on a lot of channels.

Registered
Our very own SOTW members bb and ffjay have some fantastic stuff on their channels. And for some great bass sax, check out Bert Brandsma.
Hey thanks for the kind words.
@Dave Pollack is a good player and has the ability to entertain too! (I mean in a positive way). But hey those stickers on your mark VI makes me feel strange....ahhhh
Saxologic is also interesting to watch.
Earspasm is a good bass clarinet and makes interesting videos.
I will check out ffjay channel too.
Rick Beato is a guitarist and producer, it is a different point of view, but I am a "jazz maniac", he rarely talks about jazz
Yesterday I watched a great player, but can't remember his name...
Youtube is a universe, there are surey good things and terrible ones...the cool part is that when I was a boy getting in touch with my favourite players was almost impossible, now it is possible, and this is surely a good thing.
The bad thing is that mp3s and tiny computer speakers destroyed good listening.
I am an old fashioned guy, and I buy cds and vynils and play them into my good hi fi system!

Registered
has ikema781 retired? it's been 4 years since his last artistic expression on YT!
No, no, don't fret. He's on SMULE.COM now. I found this through a link he posted on facebook marketplace advertising a tenor he is selling. He has a few horn recordings but it appears he mostly does vocals now. Check out his profile.

Forum Contributor 2016-17
No, no, don't fret. He's on SMULE.COM now. I found this through a link he posted on facebook marketplace advertising a tenor he is selling. He has a few horn recordings but it appears he mostly does vocals now. Check out his profile.
WOAH, that's GREAT! Y'all have got to listen to this! Thanks for letting us know, I busted a gut last night scrolling through this stuff; his vocals are just... unbelievable.

Registered
Yes he definitely has a unique way of seeing things, and seems very honest and passionate about it.

Distinguished SOTW Member
I really enjoy:
Jay Metcalf, Jamie Anderson, Dave Pollack, Dr Wally Wallace, Dan Forshaw and Matt Stohrer.
I don鈥檛 really watch too many sax vids these days, but Dave Pollack鈥檚 stuff is always well done and entertaining.
Hey thanks for the kind words.
@Dave Pollack is a good player and has the ability to entertain too! (I mean in a positive way). But hey those stickers on your mark VI makes me feel strange....ahhhh
Here are a few whom I enjoy:

Dave Pollack
Reggie Padilla
Randy Hunter
Adam Larson
Bettersax
Thanks so much for the support!!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Jeff Antoniuk with his weekly Digging Deeper free lessons. For lower intermediate really good usable stuff, very well presented. He is a very good player, but decades of teaching experience and it shows.
I tried to check all of your recommendations, but I'm astonished that this channel didn't get mentioned more, great exercises to learn improvisation and improve!

Registered
I tried to check all of your recommendations, but I'm astonished that this channel didn't get mentioned more, great exercises to learn improvisation and improve!
Agreed, this is a channel where an intermediate player can actually get stuff designed by an experienced teacher to use and allow you to improve. Jeff is fun, but puts teaching first. So its not about showing off his own chops or knowledge. Even if you are more advanced this channel offers great focussed applied activities

Registered
Then you have the "Leo P Complex", Leo P, Too Many Zoos, Lucky Chops, 2Saxy, Grace Kelly, and I think there might be more associated channels. If they don't inspire you, nothing will, pack it in right now!
I fear the inspiration I get from Leo P will lead to no good outcome. I like the color of my hair as it is. My replacement joints would certainly not hold up under the stress of attempting his moves. I thank my lucky stars I鈥檝e got that realization to keep me from trying them! And I鈥檝e had over a decade of Burning Man vacations to prove I am utterly devoid of any costuming skills. Although I must admit his BBC Proms performance intrigues me to wonder about how I鈥檇 take to the bari even as it triggers all those other fears...

Leo P at the BBC Proms 2017

Grace Kelly OTOH is very inspirational. I particularly like her video explaining how to practice. The subtitles are very helpful and the venue is certainly inspiring, in a stretch goal challenge sort of way.

Saxophone Practice 101 with Grace Kelly

21 - 40 of 66 Posts