Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just playing around on my bari, and I played a low D, and let me tell you, every time I hear that note, something lights up inside and tells me MORE MORE! It's just VERY smooth, and very pretty with my horn/mpc combination, and it seems that everyone that hears that note seems the same!

On your horn, be it SATB or so forth, what's your favorite note to play, and why?

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
low and middle d are some of the most resonant notes on the sax. the sound is carried through the hole body tube before venting and this allows the whole horn to fully resonate.my mentor and lead alto player gearge corwin could ring that middle d so beautifully you would swear its not a D,

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
blindside398 said:
Oh, also on bari, Low a :twisted:
Nothing like honkin' a low A while playing 'Fire Down Below'.
The other guys in my band love that.

I however, will not be satisfied until I can convincingly play a Hendrix-style solo, complete with chords (arpeggiated), so I am in love with arpeggios, not single notes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hakukani said:
Nothing like honkin' a low A while playing 'Fire Down Below'.
The other guys in my band love that.

I however, will not be satisfied until I can convincingly play a Hendrix-style solo, complete with chords (arpeggiated), so I am in love with arpeggios, not single notes.

Fair enough! They are fun, aren't they? =]

·
Registered
44 Posts
TenTenTooter said:
Tenor and bari, low B. Power, clarity, resonance, simply beautiful.

Alto and soprano, undesided. Bass, any note below middle C!
u play the bass? ive never actually seen one in real life. they look MASSIVE! i probably couldnt get a note out on one!

·
Registered
383 Posts
F# is my all time favorite note which will never be replaced.

-Birdman

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Low Bb for all the obvious reasons - just to feel the vibrations and hear the harmonics yadda yadda. I also have a very sneaky affection for middle C# - i think it's the "look, no hands" thing, and also middle C I like a lot..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Pgraves said:
If your favorite note was covered in barbeque sauce, would'ja eat it?
Of course, I'm college aged!

Favorite note on alto: middle F# or A2

·
Registered
109 Posts
depends on what key i´m playing in :D But ok i´ll vote for E2 on alto.. I´m not even going to comment on my soprano, except that G is probably the most inconsistent..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,494 Posts
martysax said:
My favorite note was passed to me on stage by a waitress on behalf of a table of young ladies on a Bachelorette party a few years ago.
You're braggin' again Marty ;)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts