Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Dave, you're blessed with such students... I'm getting jealous, I've had one of these in 10 years. Great fun listening to that! Oh, and you're also playing nicely. 😉
Thanks for posting, keep teaching!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Very nice playing. I can hear the changes in his playing more than I can hear the backing though. I'm sure you could hear it when he was playing. but on the reording it is very very low. Or rather I should say that by the time the saxophone was loud enough to enjoy in the video I noticed I couldn't hear the backing track.

I get the point of these phone videos though.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The student plays very fluently, looks like he thinks and knows what he wants to play.
A pearl and pride for the teacher.
Dave (The Teacher), you play so selectively, the sophisticated way of phrasing and manipulation of individual sounds, clear and legible articulation.
And this nice dialogue at the end ...
I admire you both. A very nice lesson :)
Big applause for both.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice playing. I can hear the changes in his playing more than I can hear the backing though. I'm sure you could hear it when he was playing. but on the reording it is very very low. Or rather I should say that by the time the saxophone was loud enough to enjoy in the video I noticed I couldn't hear the backing track.

I get the point of these phone videos though.
I wasn't planning on posting it online or I would've (obviously) done it differently. I record a lot of playing during lessons, but I felt this take should've been put online. Hope you still liked it!

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The student plays very fluently, looks like he thinks and knows what he wants to play.
A pearl and pride for the teacher.
Dave (The Teacher), you play so selectively, the sophisticated way of phrasing and manipulation of individual sounds, clear and legible articulation.
And this nice dialogue at the end ...
I admire you both. A very nice lesson :)
Big applause for both.
Thanks so much! I really appreciate that.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2017
709 Posts
That was just way cool, thanks much for sharing.

Kenneth

·
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!

Fun, fun, fun!
Good fun! Thanks for posting it.
Dave, you're blessed with such students... I'm getting jealous, I've had one of these in 10 years. Great fun listening to that! Oh, and you're also playing nicely. 😉
Thanks for posting, keep teaching!
What's with all this talk about fun? Is jazz supposed to be FUN????

#makejazzfunagain

(Thanks guys!)

·
Premium Member
584 Posts
Dave, you both definitely make jazz fun again! JAZZ Joy!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts