Votes: 10 33.3%
  • I dont like Sardines in Mustard Sauce

Votes: 7 23.3%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unless you are selling a Mark VI tenor for 38 bucks I am not going to look at your pictures on Facebook. I am not a member and I do not want to be one. There are plenty of free image hosting sites that do not require membership. I would really like people to use those. This is getting more common place and I personally find it annoying.

Am I the only one?

For those of you who disagree I wish you luck with your sales.

·
Forum Contributor 2009 & Mouthpiece Patch Mogul
4,054 Posts
Bah Facebook! I got so tired of the senseless, silly, inane, little messages all the time. So I stopped sending them :p I only have space in my life for one cyberaddiction and sotw is it.

I find it much easier and convenient to host pics on my own web space. Everyone gets some provided by their ISP so I dont understand why people dont use it. Granted, the space is limited (I think I get 50gb) but its plenty for a handful of temporary jpegs.

p.s. Sardines, no. Mustard sauce, oh yes.

·
2,386 Posts
Any photo album on Facebook has, at the bottom of the page, the note "Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:", followed by the public link address.

If folks put their horn for sale photos in an album and post that public link, anyone can view the photos. I share photos with non-Facebookians all the time this way...

(And by the way: folks who refuse to join Facebook are not maximizing the amount of time they could be wasting.)

·
Banned
3,000 Posts
For me, it's the same as not posting pictures at all. As a general rule, I won't buy any used item without first seeing detailed pictures of it. So I guess it's up to the seller. If the seller wants to increase the likelihood of making a sale, he or she will make pictures readily available to all -- including those of us who "just say no" to Facebook.

·
6,862 Posts
Any photo album on Facebook has, at the bottom of the page, the note "Share this album with anyone by sending them this public link:", followed by the public link address.

If folks put their horn for sale photos in an album and post that public link, anyone can view the photos. I share photos with non-Facebookians all the time this way...

(And by the way: folks who refuse to join Facebook are not maximizing the amount of time they could be wasting.)
Way to spoil a good rant!

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,070 Posts
Although I completely disagree with the OP about Facebook I do find it annoying that someone would not use Photobucket or something like that to sell an item.

B

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
4,466 Posts
I think of facebook the same as I do of craigslist--all emanating from some white trash trailer park somewhere.

·
Forum Contributor 2017
8,070 Posts
I think of facebook the same as I do of craigslist--all emanating from some white trash trailer park somewhere.
Sorry to disagree wholeheartedly. Facebook has been a complete god-send in booking myself, and my bands and filling seats and dance floors at my gigs in a way that nothing I have ever used in 30+ years has done.

Craig's List has also been great for finding pick up gigs, studio work and musicians.

I have never been busier and more musically productive since joining FB and using CL.

B

·
Registered
103 Posts
I agree. I am even more annoyed by folks on FB who post links to SOTW Marketplace. :twisted:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I agree completely with Phil. I have no interest in Facebook for a number of reasons. if nothing else, I already waste way too much time!

·
Prodigal Son and Forum Contributor 2008
10,792 Posts
Sorry to disagree wholeheartedly. Facebook has been a complete god-send in booking myself, and my bands and filling seats and dance floors at my gigs in a way that nothing I have ever used in 30+ years has done.

Craig's List has also been great for finding pick up gigs, studio work and musicians.

I have never been busier and more musically productive since joining FB and using CL.

B
Yup. Keep in touch with those who want to touch more!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts