Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,.....someone had to do it !!

:joker:

Have just set up a new Group page on Facebook, exclusively for I.M.Grassi fans....
I'd very much appreciate some of your expert help and comments...
Upload your pics etc.....lets get it rolling.....keep it light-hearted.....
and let me know if you feel you should be an admin.

Go here:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=140192072679812

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
sure, nice if you like that sort of thing, but I am personally against the use of facebook........a blog would have sufficed

did I wish you good luck? :).........good luck!

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hear what you're saying.....issues with privacy, blah blah.....but the problem with a blog is, it has very limited reach and appeal, and the tone is quite often one of self-importance, bordering on ego-mania.
A while ago, i started a group on facebook for a slightly obscure pub-rock band i used to go and see in London when i was a teenager in the 1970's.
At first, i thought, " have i gone mad....??...nobody is gonna join this group, the band split up 30 years ago..!?? "
How wrong i was proved to be- there are nearly 400 members now, including the original lead guitarist and vocalist, the drummer, the lyricist and another original member who left early on. Old fans have joined from all all the world with their fondest memories, pics, memorabilia and stories, and it's just nice that there's a place where old fans can remember this great little band that brought a lot of joy to people during a brief period over thirty years ago. Put that in your tenor and blow it !

8卢)

c.

Registered
There goes the neighborhood! :)

I, too, wish you luck with the new Facebook page. Like Milandro, I have resisted joining that crowd (although pressure from family and friends to use it grows daily). I would love it if someone would post here copies or paraphrases of some of the more interesting and/or useful entries that show up there on the new Facebook page.

Hmmm, now everybody will know about these wonderful horns. I guess maybe that's a good thing although I have enjoyed the relative obscurity of the brand (and the resulting lower prices for such high quality horns), but that's a pretty selfish outlook, I admit.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The main problem i have with Facebook is the time it eats up......i tend to disappear into vortex in there....
but, Dave, ..like you i resisted until i happened to stumble upon an old school friend from 30 years ago.
It was really great to see him again after thirty years, and we keep in contact almost daily now, mainly on Skype.
Today i got a reply from a friend in Canberra, Australia, and i haven't seen him for nearly 25 years!...
now there is absolutely no way i would have found him without FB. We were big pals at art school in the late 70's.
I remembered that he had an old white plastic Grafton alto ( Charlie Parker played one ) and to my surprize, he's still got it !!....
he says it's hard work to blow and keep in key....i suggested he gets a good resto bloke on the case.......

Distinguished SOTW Member
Dave, ..like you i resisted until i happened to stumble upon an old school friend from 30 years ago.
I resist it like the plague.... In case I DO stumble upon an old school friend from 30 years ago! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts