Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Dear fellow Sax-o-philes,
When I owned a Conn-0-sax, I endeavored to track down all know surviving examples worldwide. The number I came up with is
24. Possibly one or two may exist beyond this number.
I have a silver F mezzo at present, and have in the past had two other F mezzo instruments. I personally know a bunch of players who own F mezzo saxophones. I have been thinking that it may be possible to accomplish a least a rough accounting for the F mezzo.
So, I propose that if you own an F mezzo, please send me your name
(this will be confidential) and if you happen to know of someone who has an F mezzo, please relay his or her name to me as well. I will keep all of this confidential. I expect this survey will be a long time in the making, so I will re-post from time to time, with numerical results to date. Also, please feel free send photos of your F mezzo.
I tend to surmise that perhaps 100, perhaps as many as 150 may survive...
Your kind assistance is appreciated.
Truly, With best wishes,
Peter

·
Registered
855 Posts
Yes, please pm me their names too, and addresses, when they plan on vacationing, and the location of the horn in their house.....;)

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I own one. Beauty too!! 100% dead mint with all the original accessories!

I have done some research into this as well, and it seems that I have the second oldest one in remaining. It is just 100 Serial numbers away from 'The First F-Mezzo' produced; I know the owner of this instrument, and have played it. It is heavily gold plated and engraved with its authenticity as the First F-Mezzo produced by the Conn Factory.

Steve P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts